Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need some assistance - Generator propellor

Article about: Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen Once again, I throw myself on the collected wisdom of the Forum. I have found an Auxillary (Generator) Propellor that I believe - after a lot of research, c

Default Need some assistance - Generator propellor

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

Once again, I throw myself on the collected wisdom of the Forum.

I have found an Auxillary (Generator) Propellor that I believe - after a lot of research, comes from a DH-4 - as is actually indicated by the Seller on eBay.

It interests me greatly for a number of reasons.

My question is: what type of price would one expect to pay? I have seen them go up to GBP370. Bearing in mind that those in the upper ranges actually have the hub as well, are in a bit better condition and on a Dealer's website... does anyone have an idea a reasonable price? I also think that this has been varnished relatively recently.

I believe that the maker is either Unico or Paragon (I'm plumbing for Unico) - bit of pity it does not have any decals.....

It's 15 inch diameter and a 2-10 pitch.

I'm thinking a maximum of US$460 - and only then because it would hopefully complete a grouping that I may have in about 5 days time. We'll just leave it at that for the time being. [Edit: this was a ridiculous amount and now the 'blood lust' has gone, I'm very glad to say that I actually paid what is the 'going rate' - actually a tad below if you factor in the postage.]

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Tim

[Update 17/12: Well the Western Electric No 1-A Flying helmet that I was looking at as a part of the grouping fell through... found it on US Craigslist for US$50 and even though he replied to one of my emails, I saw on another Forum someone else had purchased it. Damned pity... excellent condition. I feel I should tell him what it is actually worth... just because. Not boding well.]

[Update 18/12: Well I managed to get the prop. Glad I didn't need to go anywhere near the top of my price range. Now - a bit of a dilemma with the other items I wish to get. The flying helmet falling through as mentioned above, has put me in a bit of an invidious position. Have to consider my best option.]

[Update 20/12: Well I managed to 'bag' a bit of a bargain with an SCR-57 Interphone - with a lead! Now I am in a right pickle.... Need a Western Electric No 1-A Flying Helmet. I can only find 2 and they are far too expensive. Hmm.]

[Update 25/12: Well it arrived yesterday afternoon - will post pictures a little later. Trying to track down some headphones for a 1-A Flying Helmet - I've sent off a couple of queries.... I think I have managed to grab a part of the mic assembly for this set up - just waiting to hear from the gentleman. Fingers crossed.]

[Update 27/12: Yep - got the mic. Now all I need is the rest of the assembly and I'm good to go...

Headphones are still an issue and TBH - so is the helmet, but this will come - I have no doubt of that.

I'm looking for a pair of 50-A Western Electric headphones - the people I contacted have not seen these for sale ....]

Need some assistance - Generator propellorNeed some assistance - Generator propellorNeed some assistance - Generator propellorNeed some assistance - Generator propellorNeed some assistance - Generator propellor[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Last edited by Allegra; 12-27-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Just an update.

Cheers