Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109

Article about: Hi all I am building a Bf-109 G-10 instrument panel. Of recently, I managed to find a Netzausschalter(Fl 32315-2), with the white lettering 'Netzausschalter' and replaced the one without whi

?

Default Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109

Hi all

I am building a Bf-109 G-10 instrument panel. Of recently, I managed to find a Netzausschalter(Fl 32315-2), with the white lettering 'Netzausschalter' and replaced the one without white letters(Fl.E 583601) which had been on my panel for long. To my knowledge, the latter(Fl.E 583601) is associated with the K series while the former(Fl 32315-2) was used for all G series.

Though I had changed the switches and it looks better with the white lettering, I still have a question.

Q: Is it OK if Fl.E 583601 is used for G-10 because G-10's were being produced along with the K series towards the War's end(and they had to use whatever they had in stock)? or it was not possible because the switches can be used exclusively to a specific model(G and K separately)?

It makes sense that 'they had to use whatever at hands' but looking closely into the switches themselves, not only the 'Netzausscahlter' lettering makes difference but also the internal design and plugs look different as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109   Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109  

Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109  
    Attached Images Attached Images Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109 

Quite a specialized question to ask 70 years after the period.
    Hope you get the answer.
    For me, I would think that they used whatever spares were available.
    I would be happy to get the instruments at all.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I would believe they used the bits and pieces that were avaliable Nakta.

Maybe pre wartime had more stricter rules when producing any military equipment, but not in wartime.

looks like you are doing a great job.

?

Thank you for the input Gentlemen! Anyway the one with white lettering looks much better.

?

Hi nakta, any chance of a pic of the whole panel, cheers

?

Here you go!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109  

Hi Nakta,
    Very nice panel...and the girlfriends photo is sublime ! Well Done.
    After going through some reference ( Cohausz , Merrick and the Australian War Memorial ), the basic panel ie switches and basic instruments were the same all the way through the G series, alterations only being made for updated navigation aids etc, pilot preference and finally specific type ie photo rece etc.
    Also using what parts were available....as mentioned above ... still points to being correct!
    Cheers Mike

?

Quote by VERSUCH View Post
    Hi Nakta,
    Very nice panel...and the girlfriends photo is sublime ! Well Done.
    After going through some reference ( Cohausz , Merrick and the Australian War Memorial ), the basic panel ie switches and basic instruments were the same all the way through the G series, alterations only being made for updated navigation aids etc, pilot preference and finally specific type ie photo rece etc.
    Also using what parts were available....as mentioned above ... still points to being correct!
    Cheers Mike
    Thanks for the nice words. Still long way to go though.. Is it possible for you to post any pics from the 109 in the Austrailian War memorial? it will be of great help.

cheers
    Rhie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netzausschalter(Emergency circuit breaker switch) for Bf 109  

What an interesting project! Well done so far!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast