Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Yeah, but Merlins were common to both!.. Yeah, and I also had SU carbs on my Mini Cooper years ago !!! I have worked on SU carbs quite alot and I am still amazed they worke

Default pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

BBC News - Pensioners restore rare WWII bomber

Two pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber.

The Panton brothers are now attempting to get the plane flying again.

a nice story...

Default Re: pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Seen this beauty dozens of times! I cant wait to see her flying with her sister !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Is there any information on where it was built? The other one was built in my home village

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers Nick, looks like they were both completed in April 1945, "Just Jane" built in Birmingham however so around 100 miles apart, and both were meant to be destined for the Far East

I cant believe she stood unloved in Blackpool for so long

Nick

To have 2 of these iconic aircraft air worthy in the UK where they belong would be superb !

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    To have 2 of these iconic aircraft air worthy in the UK where they belong would be superb !
    The roar of 8 Merlins !!!

Nick

I love the sound of the Merlins !! I grew up with the sound of them, the Broughton factory down the road from where I lived had the only surviving flying Mosqito in Europe, possibly the world, not sure, I am not going to Google it !!

It used to fly over our house all summer long for as long as i remember, brings back memories now ! !!! It was a very sad day when it crashed

Mosquito crash - YouTube

'Per Ardua Ad Astra' -the best of British luck to them...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast