Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.

Article about: I was in Sark a few weeks back collecting the remaining bits and pieces from a large collection I had purchased a year or so ago. Whilst talking with my friend, I casually asked him is he wa

Default A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.

I was in Sark a few weeks back collecting the remaining bits and pieces from a large collection I had purchased a year or so ago. Whilst talking with my friend, I casually asked him is he was ever minded to part with a piece of the Lancaster that crashed in Sark during the Occupation then I would love to have a small piece. Our conversation moved without him replying and sometime later I left him and headed back to the harbour on foot. After about 10 minutes he came cycling down the lane behind me and said..."you'd best have this" and presented me with a large piece of riveted metal that he had recovered from the crash site years after the end of the Occupation.
    I have the history of the crash and the names of the crew, but what I was hoping was that one of the Forum members might be able to recognise the piece and be able to say from where on the aircraft it came.... a lot to ask I know, but I do know that some of our members are well versed in all matters and not to ask is daft. So any info is much appreciated. I should also say that there are no numbers or letters anywhere on the piece at all unfortunately.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.   A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.  

A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.   A piece from the Lancaster that crashed in Sark, Channel Islands.