Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red Arrows crash

Article about: by big ned Closure. The inquests conclusion today. Pilot crash death ruled accidental It's been a tough couple of years for the Arrows, let's hope the New Year brings them better luck. Regar

Default Red Arrows crash

These guys were the best in the world IMO

Red Arrows crash: thousands pay tribute to dead pilot | UK news | The Guardian

RIP

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Red Arrows crash

i heard about that on the news. it was a terrible accident.

?

Totally agree Nick , i saw them only last weekend at Eastbourne , very sad !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I agree Nick, fantastic display guaranteed every time with them. The men and women who fly for the Red Arrows are breathtaking to watch, it was a sad day yesterday...a terrible accident. May the pilot rest in peace and may the show continue to thrill spectators worldwide for many, many years to come.

Carl

?

A very sad accident. These pilots were the best bar none, they flew over work just last week in two tight formations and it was still a thrill to see them, even when they weren't putting on a display. All were serving officers and Flt Lt Egging had flown the Harrier in a ground support role in Afghanistan. A tragic loss to a great bunch of guys, and my condolences to his widow, family and friends.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very sad news. RIP.

Not 'were' are.

I have been fortunate enough to meet both pilots and groundcrew of the Arrows many times, they are the best in the world bar non.

Any thoughts on the cause of the loss are, at this time purely conjecture. But it does appear that the pilot, Flt. Lt. Jon 'Eggers' Egging took the decision to ride the aircraft in rather than banging out and leaving the aircraft to crash in a built up area. In doing so he lost his life, this was a selfless decision made in a matter of moments under understandable duress, he knew his chances and took the gamble.

The world has lost one of the best pilots therein, make no mistake, but such are the risks these men and women take every time they strap in, it takes the best of the best to be an 'Arrow', and they know the risks that this honour entails.

God bless his wife and family at this time, and to Jon Egging aka 'Red 4', go easy Flight, and Blue Skies.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

From eye witnesses yesterday, it was stated that the pilots body was seen on the opposite bank of the river and his ejector seat and deployed parachute were in the river, another witness stated that he heard a crack just before impact,im wondering if he managed to punch out but was too low, whatever happened, it was a selfless act of the type that makes our pilots the best in the world

Theres a lot of cotradictory reports at the moment, one says he was unconsious due to the steep turn he just completed, some say he called mayday prior to the crash. The one thing that strikes me is that he was found out of his seat, having worked on the Mk10 Martin Baker seat for years and now the mk16, theres no way hes simply been thrown out of his seat, I suspect the aircraft has gone inverted and hes ejected downwards. Whatever happened, its a sad day for his family and the Red Arrows, and I know it affects everyone in the RAF in one way or another.

Closure. The inquests conclusion today.

Pilot crash death ruled accidental

It's been a tough couple of years for the Arrows, let's hope the New Year brings them better luck.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast