Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

RFC Photo Album

Article about: Just Picked this up, lots more photos than shown. Gotta love that RFC stuff Dean O Ajax Canada

?

Default RFC Photo Album

Just Picked this up, lots more photos than shown.
    Gotta love that RFC stuff

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

RFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo AlbumRFC Photo Album

What a gem of a find

Where was Camp Borden ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Excellent ! Love the pre historic simulator , would make a great kids back yard see-saw !

Hi Dean,
    Great set of pics we dont find R.F.C, photo,s very often same as Kenworth i love the trainer seat I have a nice set of R.F.C wings i cut from a uniform back in the seventies. I had them checked out and they are had them checked out and they are 1917 they ae on khaki cloth, i would like to know there value but havent got around to it. thanks for showing the pics.
    Dave.

CFB Borden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see the camp is local to you Dean

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Camp Borden still exsists, it is the Canadian Militarys main, non combat training group[, the Medics, Dental, Ammo Techs MPs ect are all trained there.
    It was opened during WW1, trained both Infantry and RCF Personnal, they have rebuilt a small section of Trenches.

There is a lot of construction going on at the Base, and they are finding all sorts of WW1 items, just larger stuff, I wonder what is not being seen and lost.

The photo is the first photo taken of the early camp, along with the first Infantry Battn trained there. Early photos of Borden are not uncommon so it is neat to have both of these framed together, common backing but 2 front frames.
    They still have 2 original WW1 hangers on the base, I will get photos next time I am up that way

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

RFC Photo Album

?

Yes it is, only 2 hours North, I trained there as a Medic in 1980, still have friends up there.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Me again dean, dont know if you noticed in pic 2 the tail in rear is the same jn-4 C132 that is mentioned in your logbook thread,cheers Willie