Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Russian Aircraft found in parking lot

Article about: Way To Go Graham! Looks like this little mystery is solved. Thanks!

Bo5945
    ?

Default Russian Aircraft found in parking lot

Found this plane parked in a parking lot. Can anyone identify it?
    Looked as if it was being moved and had a tire problem on the trailer and parked it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Aircraft found in parking lot   Russian Aircraft found in parking lot  

Russian Aircraft found in parking lot   Russian Aircraft found in parking lot  

Russian Aircraft found in parking lot   Russian Aircraft found in parking lot  

Default re: Russian Aircraft found in parking lot

Quote by Bo5945 View Post
    Found this plane parked in a parking lot. Can anyone identify it?
    Looked as if it was being moved and had a tire problem on the trailer and parked it.
    Hi, great to drive along and see this. Where did you see it, here in the US? Looks as if so maybe. I am not really sure this is an original Soviet used aircraft. The plane looks similar to a SU-2 (BB-1) but a little different. It looks like maybe a US WW2 Navy plane painted to look like a SU-2??

Not a complete expert, someone might know better hopefully. I am using a 1941 dated German Army booklet "Sowjetische Frontflugzeuge" --Soviet Front line Aircraft. It could be a later war lend-lease US plane maybe, It looks US to me, and you would have to know more info on it. Great Pics!! Thanks for posting.

Regards, Steve

Steve ,look the 4th pic , i think is Virginia plaque in the trailer ( i am not sure )but its a USA plaque

Pierre

OK, Ah Yes, I see it now, thanks Pierre. I am looking for this plane right now, I think it is a US plane, but cannot find exact model yet.

Regards, Steve

Bo5945
    ?

Notice the plane around noon just west of Fort Worth, Texas.

Quote by Bo5945 View Post
    Notice the plane around noon just west of Fort Worth, Texas.
    OK, I have notated this UFO sightings coordinants.

Roger That, Over.

I'm not positive, but I think this may be a Douglas SBD Dauntless. The tail section looks a bit like one. Here is an image for comparison. -Thanks, Jerry

P.S.
    Here is a good link to LOTS of WWII aircraft. Enjoy!
    http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircr...2-aircraft.asp
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Aircraft found in parking lot 

?

That islooks like a modern sport plane YAK 52, or one of the series
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Russian Aiircraft found in parking lot

Quote by spectre68 View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think this may be a Douglas SBD Dauntless. The tail section looks a bit like one. Here is an image for comparison. -Thanks, Jerry

P.S.
    Here is a good link to LOTS of WWII aircraft. Enjoy!
    World War 2 Airplanes
    Yes Jerry, this one of the planes I was thinking along the lines of also. The "Soviet" airplane pictured is most probably a trainer with the 2 seats and control panels. It is a very large radial engine for a trainer though.

I am not too sure about it being a Yak-52 series either as Dimas just said. It looks like one a little, and there are different variants it appears. The one pictured above looks to be a bigger plane.

It's and enigma for now.
    Regards, Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast