Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Russian flying fortress...BIG!

Article about: give me the keys an il fly it!!!!

Default Russian flying fortress...BIG!

It's called a K-7 Bomber. Out of the 30's I believe.
    That bugger is big! I have never heard of it. You?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian flying fortress...BIG!   Russian flying fortress...BIG!  

?

Default Re: Russian flying fortress...BIG!

Sure is a big one,is that the same plane in both pictures,it looks different?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

MiniDevil
    ?

The first one looks like a photochop...

Kalinin K-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL !!!

No way that first one could fly. It's got an entire greenhouse with added conservatory for a cockpit for heavens sake !

Made me laugh though

Steve T

It's all the captions stated.The older pic. was supposed to be from the era.As far as the engine cowlings etc.go,times change. It might have been a 'baby' K-7?I guess it requires further investigation! I did think it was of interest though. BUT..'The Spruce Goose' got up!

Yeah, but the Spruce Goose was at least partially aerodynamic. That plane has the aerodynamic composition of a brick wall. I think this is a for show only thingy (won't even call it a plane). Look at the thickness of the wings and the miniature tail wheel. Also, even with 12 engines (you can see 2 mounted on top of each wing) that beast would not lift off. Danny

Still...interesting

?

I recall many years ago seeing something on TV that showed a similar sized experimental Russian vehicle , with wings and many props , and although it could not fly as such , it could be elevated by a few metres . The programme explained that they thought a possible use could be to fill it with assault troops , and it would more or less skim across an expanse of water , therefore getting many men moved in double quick time to the desired destination . A kind of blitzkreig i suppose ! interesting pics packin , cheers Al

Reg
    ?

Akranoplan.....Used Ground-effect, great machine....may still be somthing in it.

Love the old flying greenhouse pic.

Reg

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    I recall many years ago seeing something on TV that showed a similar sized experimental Russian vehicle , with wings and many props , and although it could not fly as such , it could be elevated by a few metres . The programme explained that they thought a possible use could be to fill it with assault troops , and it would more or less skim across an expanse of water , therefore getting many men moved in double quick time to the desired destination . A kind of blitzkreig i suppose ! interesting pics packin , cheers Al
    Haven't heard of that,thanks. Sounds like a loss of a lot of troops if something goes wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast