Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Tail/Fuselage Swastika fake?

Article about: Hi all. Stumbled across this tonight; I have not seen reproduction of these yet, but the price is just too good to be true. Seller says it’s 18inch square. Surely the sizes are pretty standa

Default Tail/Fuselage Swastika fake?

Hi all. Stumbled across this tonight; I have not seen reproduction of these yet, but the price is suspiciously too good to be true (roughly 25% of it’s value).

Seller says it’s 18inch square. Surely the sizes are pretty standard depending on aircraft type? Do the Rivet hole placement seem correct?

Unfortunately that low-res photo is all that’s available. I have asked for better photos and will update if I get them! Thanks for the help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tail/Fuselage Swastika fake?  
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 12-26-2019 at 03:48 PM.

?

Can we have some better close up photo's please including the back .
    I like the rivet lines , they would match the angle . Dimensions / Scale look ok
    Did they say what plane it was off?
    Wish my mother in law was still alive , she spent most of the war patching up Luftwaffe planes as Riveter.

Attachment 1366319

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Can we have some better close up photo's please including the back .
    I like the rivet lines , they would match the angle . Dimensions / Scale look ok
    Did they say what plane it was off?
    Wish my mother in law was still alive , she spent most of the war patching up Luftwaffe planes as Riveter.

Attachment 1366319
    Thanks Rick! I have requested more photos from the seller. As this is from a craigslist type ad I am developing my reservations. He is slow to respond, avoiding questions, etc. When/If I receive better photos I will post. Fingers crossed. Thank you!

?

To be honest mate , if it looks too good to true then it probably isn't ,
    But you never know unless you investigate .
    Based on what Ive seen I would follow it up , forget about the Eagle patch , that's a common distraction tactic people use to divert attention from the main item.
    Cheers Rick

?

That does look cool,
    But like Rick has mentioned, the rivet hole alignment would need to match the pic you find.
    The rivet pattern looks the part for a AC fuselage. But it isn't a match for the one Rick posted.

That will keep ya busy!!!!!

Good luck with this one.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I would think not difficult to fake if you wanted to. For something like this provenance is king.

Welpppp I knew it. Dude wasted my time for 3 days. Asked again for photos today, said he was out of town. Just 5mins ago I get a message saying “someone is paying full price right now”.... I just said good for him. This guy must know it’s fake and that’s why he’s acted the way he has.

I HATE these kind of people. Time wasters...

But whenever something like this pops up, anyone would be stupid not to investigate. I’ve had a few opportunities like this that benefited me greatly. So it isn’t ALWAYS too good to be true, and I suggest everyone one else investigate first, ask for better photos etc etc. I had nothing to lose but my time.

At the end of the day, you did get taken for a ride, but somebody else got conned. It's a good lesson in dealing with certain types of people, and making a call on a listing that seemed too good to be true. You came out the other side with your wallet intact, which is more than can be said for most people who have the misfortune to deal with somebody like this. A lucky escape!

Regards, B.B.

These have been faked many times in the past, you did well to do some research before spending the money on this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

..it's about heart and head.....I think EVERYONE would like a piece of nose-art, a tail fin, a cockpit name, bomb count etc on the wall behind their collection..and there ARE some out there. I spent a while in the summer wanting a piece of an F4 I'd seen for sale....it had the damage, the stencil, the tip of a star...it looked GREAT...and it was a good price (to me)....but I left it and then spent a while looking for that combo of rivet holes, hatches and stars on loads of F4 pics.....there was no match....but I still loved it....by this time someone else had bought it.

'fact is, if you want a DISPLAY piece and you see what you like AND the price is too good to be true...buy one...there's even more of them out there...yes, you'll be funding a faker somewhere (although in reality they had their [fraction of the] money some time ago...but if you want a REAL one be prepared to pay-up, lose several whilst you research..and possibly have "FAKE" shouted at you from Forums when you proudly post it ;-)

I've seen loads of great pieces in Vietnam....'s'funny how only the stenciled parts of jets survived the SAMS...and camo helmets (all the plain green ones rusted away presumably), and intricately embroidered red silk banners (those plain ones must've been made out of lesser quality cloth)....but if the suitcase had've been big enough I'd've probably bought one for sh*ts and giggles.....and display....

...personally, I wish I'd've bought the chunk of F4.......or was it from a Cessna.....or a John Deer.....