Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.

Article about: Hi, a tail rudder of a Messerschmitt 109 showing its many kills, seemed to be very successful in 1944, currently on show The Imperial War Museum London.

Default Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.

Hi, a tail rudder of a Messerschmitt 110 showing its many kills, seemed to be very successful in 1944, currently on show The Imperial War Museum London.

Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.

?

Wow!!

Thanks for showing these pics

Hi,
    Yes, saw that myself last Sunday as well as the big bronze eagle from the Riechskanzlei. Not a lot of German kit other that that. I was hoping for a bit more than I saw but then I guess there is more to war than just ww.2 German kit.
    D

?

I have been following this item ever since I saw go up for auction, its recently sold for £90000. Glad to see it when to a museum.

Here are some photos of the pilot it belonged to, and his plane. Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer (second left) in the photo with Hitler.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.   Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.  

Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.  

Wow quite an amount of kills. He survived the war to get killed in a car accident in 1950!...

So actually a ME110.... time to correct the thread title?

We have possibly the opposite side at the Australian war Memorial in canberra.
    At least it looks the same.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    So actually a ME110.... time to correct the thread title?

We have possibly the opposite side at the Australian war Memorial in canberra.
    At least it looks the same.
    Yup a 110 Dan, all night fighter kills i understand!...

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    Yes, saw that myself last Sunday as well as the big bronze eagle from the Riechskanzlei. Not a lot of German kit other that that. I was hoping for a bit more than I saw but then I guess there is more to war than just ww.2 German kit.
    D
    Hi Jersey, yes very disappointing, it's based WW1 for a while due to the Centurial.
    The best thing for me was the Allgemeine Generals uniform set in the holocaust display. Was not allowed to take pictures but sneaked a few, and a short video.

Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills.Tail Rudder of a ME110 with kills. :-)

I just checked the AWM website - yes we do have the other tail fin down here.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have amended the thread title.

Superb item.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast