Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Luftwaffe relic

Article about: I'm currently unpacking some items I pulled out of storage, and I ran across a box of random aircraft relic parts. Most of the parts in the box are just various unidentified pieces that were

Default Unknown Luftwaffe relic

I'm currently unpacking some items I pulled out of storage, and I ran across a box of random aircraft relic parts. Most of the parts in the box are just various unidentified pieces that were recovered from the Stalingrad area. One part in particular stood out to me though. Seems like the only part in the box that could possibly be identified. Its a fairly large piece of aircraft skin, and it has a few German words painted on it. The words read 'Nur bishier fullen' and these words are directly above a solid red line. The red line appears on both sides of the piece. Ive roughly translated the German wording to 'Just fill to here' Maybe this an instruction from a fuel port, and the red line is where it should be filled to? I believe this piece may have come off of a Junkers manufactured plane, as it appears to have faint remains of gold anodizing. A typical process done by Junkers. Anyways, If anyone can help me out with this one I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe I can finally move it out of the unknown box, and to a proper display.

Best regards- Jarret

Unknown Luftwaffe relicUnknown Luftwaffe relicUnknown Luftwaffe relicUnknown Luftwaffe relic

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    The words read 'Nur bishier fullen' and these words are directly above a solid red line. The red line appears on both sides of the piece. Ive roughly translated the German wording to 'Just fill to here' Maybe this an instruction from a fuel port, and the red line is where it should be filled to?
    Yes; it's definitely a part of some kind of tank. The marking is better translated as "Fill only up to here" or "Fill only up to this level".

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes; it's definitely a part of some kind of tank. The marking is better translated as "Fill only up to here" or "Fill only up to this level".
    Thanks for the better translation! I really appreciate it. Very interesting, good to know it is defiantly from some type of tank.

Best regards- Jarret

More likely from a ammo container I think, as the lip suggests this was an open topped container (probably closed with a hinged lid). They would fill it zig-zag with linked MG or MK ammunition belts leaving the space above the red line to avoid it jamming when fired.

regards,

Funksammler