Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Algemeines Sturmabzeichen / Unknown maker

Article about: Hello Just to show (off) my newly acquired ASA by an unknown maker, at least unknown to me. I think its a good one, but always good to get some second opinions. All the best Sindri

Default Algemeines Sturmabzeichen / Unknown maker

Hello

Just to show (off) my newly acquired ASA by an unknown maker, at least unknown to me.

I think its a good one, but always good to get some second opinions.

All the best
    Sindri
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Algemeines Sturmabzeichen / Unknown maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Algemeines Sturmabzeichen / Unknown maker
    P
    Many

This one looks like Alois Rettenmaier flatback 1.28.1 ASA although this one has totally different catch and base plate than few other examples of this Rettenmaiers ASA that I have seen so far, but everything else seems to be identical. Also condition is really great.

Best regards,
    Franko

Actually catch maybe was even repaired and replaced. There is some soldering around the base plate of that catch which can indicate on repairing.

Best regards,
    Franko

Hi Franjo

Thank you

Yes I have heard of the link of Rettenmeyer to this badge.
    Can you tell me what makes it a Rettenmeyer and no longer a Unknown maker ? Links to Rettenmeyer ISAs or PKAs ? Or something else ?

Regarding the catch base plate, there are (as far as I know) 2 variants, one broader and rounder and then the one on this ASA.
    I think its pretty unlikely that it has been re - soldered, as the hook and solder (also hinge and pin) are covered the badges finish.

All the best
    Sindri

IMO, Rettenmaier cutouts at the bottom of the swastika are larger making the contact point between the swastika and the bayo/grenade smaller.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Sindri,

There is actually flatback panzerkampf badge which is at some point attributed to Alois Rettenmaier and before that it was also considered as badge made by unknown maker. That badge has identical reverse hardware as this flatback ASA, hinge pin and the catch are completely the same, as you can see on the pics below, so this flatback ASA was attributed to Alois Rettenmaier as well. This Rettenmaiers ASA is also known as "smirker" because of that eagles sinister smile and it can be easily recognized because that strange looking eagles head which realy looks like it is smiling somehow sinisterly. You can compare your example with those two examples of Rettenmaiers ASA below. All three badges are the same, except yours specimen has different hook.

Best regards,
    Franko

Nica ASA Sindri, your collection is growing

/Jonas

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, Rettenmaier cutouts at the bottom of the swastika are larger making the contact point between the swastika and the bayo/grenade smaller.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph

Yes I agree, on the reference pic I have (F. Heukemes Book) there are also a little bigger cut-outs, at least one of them.
    But the general design and especially the size of the GAB leads to "unknowm maker 11" (Heukemes Book) or as it now seems to "Rettenmeyer".

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Sindri,

There is actually flatback panzerkampf badge which is at some point attributed to Alois Rettenmaier and before that it was also considered as badge made by unknown maker. That badge has identical reverse hardware as this flatback ASA, hinge pin and the catch are completely the same, as you can see on the pics below, so this flatback ASA was attributed to Alois Rettenmaier as well. This Rettenmaiers ASA is also known as "smirker" because of that eagles sinister smile and it can be easily recognized because that strange looking eagles head which realy looks like it is smiling somehow sinisterly. You can compare your example with those two examples of Rettenmaiers ASA below. All three badges are the same, except yours specimen has different hook.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Hi Franjo

Yes I see, its the same method used to identify the ASAs who used to be linked to Wernstein but now to Paul Meybauer due to the setup and cut-outs similarities in the PKAs.

Would have been interesting to see some pics of the hook of a Rettenmeyer PKA, I will check if I find some.

Thanks for you input.

All the best
    Sindri