Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for review

Article about: Hey all, Here's the last badge from that small collection: From what I've read, Frank & Reif was the only maker to fully stamp this badge (Or so E-Medals and war-medalsdotcom state). Pin

Default Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Stuttgart for review

Hey all,

Here's the last badge from that small collection:

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for reviewAllgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for reviewAllgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for reviewAllgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for reviewAllgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for reviewAllgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for review

From what I've read, Frank & Reif was the only maker to fully stamp this badge (Or so E-Medals and war-medalsdotcom state).

As always, thanks to all, and I hope that all these pictures are adding value to the forum in some way.
    Last edited by Rock Rey; 04-04-2017 at 03:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen - Frank & Reif Suttgart for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not feeling good about this one. I don't know what the "name" is for this head but it is not a F&R style based on what I know.

Further the rear hardware appears incorrect as well. The FR massive zinc version should have a square catch plate. As well as the rear hinge plate which is wrong as well.

Finally the font is all wrong on the makers mark.

I am happy to be corrected by others.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not feeling good about this one. I don't know what the "name" is for this head but it is not a F&R style based on what I know.

Further the read hardware appears incorrect as well. The FR massive zinc version should have a square catch plate. As well as the rear hinge plate which is wrong as well.

Finally the font is all wrong on the makers mark.

I am happy to be corrected by others.

Michael
    I found another one on war medals, and the base of its hinge pin is indeed different! The shape of the clasp is slightly different as well. Hmmmm....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rock Rey View Post
    I found another one on war medals, and the base of its hinge pin is indeed different! The shape of the clasp is slightly different as well. Hmmmm....
    Search for examples here and you will see what I'm talking about. Especially the head. I don't remember what the guys call it...chicken lips, lizard fake, or what....but there is a name for it.

A great reference (but by all means not fool proof) is Frank Heukemes book "German Awards of WW2". It is 400 plus pages of only GAB's. It's out of print but used copies can be found online

Yours is trying to be a version 1.5.4 "massive" (i.e. solid back). It should weigh 33.6 grams. 53.4mm high and 43mm wide.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup, found two more... Face on the eagle is wrong too. Drat. Can someone third this opinion so I can return it to the previous owner?

Thanks folks, can't win them all!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Search for examples here and you will see what I'm talking about. Especially the head. I don't remember what the guys call it...chicken lips, lizard fake, or what....but there is a name for it.

A great reference (but by all means not fool proof) is Frank Heukemes book "German Awards of WW2". It is 400 plus pages of only GAB's. It's out of print but used copies can be found online

Yours is trying to be a version 1.5.4 "massive" (i.e. solid back). It should weigh 33.6 grams. 53.4mm high and 43mm wide.
    Width and height check out, and I don't have a way to measure it in grams here. Between the face and the hinge and clasp bases, it doesn't seem right. I also noticed that the maker's mark on the other examples actually has some "imperfect" type setting. The "S" in Stuttgart is actually a little higher than the other letters. On this one, they're all right in line.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rock Rey View Post
    Width and height check out, and I don't have a way to measure it in grams here. Between the face and the hinge and clasp bases, it doesn't seem right. I also noticed that the maker's mark on the other examples actually has some "imperfect" type setting. The "S" in Stuttgart is actually a little higher than the other letters. On this one, they're all right in line.
    The fonts are all wrong. Look at the G, R, and the & symbol.

BTW, your photos are excellent and made it much easier to view.

Quote by MAP View Post
    The fonts are all wrong. Look at the G, R, and the & symbol.

BTW, your photos are excellent and made it much easier to view.
    Good, so at least we're all gaining/bolstering knowledge on this one. Ralph/Bob/other esteemed gurus, shall we place this one in the "Fake Alert" column for the good of the group? Michael and I are pretty confident by this point...

The eagle's face, hinge, catch, and the text are incorrect as far as I can tell.
    I do not keep a "fake" alert thread.
    Study the originals as they will never change.
    The fakes will continually change, don't study them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The eagle's face, hinge, catch, and the text are incorrect as far as I can tell.
    I do not keep a "fake" alert thread.
    Study the originals as they will never change.
    The fakes will continually change, don't study them.
    Ralph.
    Sage advice. Point taken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast