Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42

Article about: hello everyone, I have bought a couple ASA last week and by one of them I am not completely sure. The seller mailed it my way so I could have a look but it only gave me more questions. The b

Default Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42

hello everyone,

I have bought a couple ASA last week and by one of them I am not completely sure. The seller mailed it my way so I could have a look but it only gave me more questions. The badge appears to be a marked G.B.42.
    My main concern here is the G.B.42 stamp, it is not as deep as the one in Heukemes book or the good ones I have seen. My second problem is the smell that is coming of this thing. I am not sure what it is but it might be chalk...on the edges there is a white residu I believe this has nothing to do with the finish, but I am not completely sure. I hope some of you are able to help me out.

Kind Regards, Job
    Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine sturmabzeichen G.B.42
    P
    Many

Hi Job,

It's a good type 1 (early hardware set up) with no issues I can see.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Agree with Ned, a good type 1 with the wraparound hinge with angled edges and the round catch base.

/Jonas

Thanks Guys, Wasn`t 100% sure on the stamp. The 3d effect on these badges is amazing, I get why people like them so much.
    The smell is interesting, but I think this is from storage than...Being 20cm away from it with my nose I can still smell it.

Job