Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback

Article about: Hi, have had this medal in my collection for a long time, came with a few of the other things from a vet in Chicago. Aside from this medal trying to be auctioned off by our friend Marty in C

Default Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback

Hi, have had this medal in my collection for a long time, came with a few of the other things from a vet in Chicago. Aside from this medal trying to be auctioned off by our friend Marty in Chicago at Universal Live, there isnt much more info about it. I noticed it was actually described incorrectly along with a few other items so I decided to get my German stuff back...Not to mention I cant bear to see an authentic item that is rare be undervalued!

I want to eventually get a HJ Knife, a Luftwaffe Pilots Badge, a nice officer dagger and a bunch of other items!

Let me know what you think about this badge! I have some questions about a few other new items I got in I'll try to post today and later this week.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback   Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback  

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback   Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-15-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi German General Assault Badge, Maker mark "A", rare screwback

Did Assmann even make screw backs????

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Did Assmann even make screw backs????

Eric
    Hi Ez,

No they did not. This GAB is a late 80's early 90's fake produced by an outfit called 'Historical Pieces' of Cave Creek, Arizona. It is known as the 'Cave Creek Fake', with a non Assmann type obverse and incorrect MM on the reverse. They were sold to many collectors in the pre internet era, many got burned, and they crop up today on a regular basis.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Interesting! Should have sold it for $100 i guess = ( Great looking piece they did a real good job on this one. Die struck im assuming? Never felt or seen a fake make this well before. I was thinking Spanish Civil War or other early piece or something. Thanks for the info Ned, is there any other examples like this online besides my medal trying to sell at auction?

?

Any screwback combat badge should always be viewed with suspicion. Ned is bang on the money with his information.

I would not be trying to sell this in any other way than a fake badge. It is not worth $100 and you would be conning someone if that's the price you think of asking for it. Selling fake items for high prices to tempt someone into thinking they've got a bargain is not well received in the collecting community.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, Maker mark "A", rare screwback

whent thru this one before lol, now that i know i must say ,,, assman firm never ever made this piece!
    never ever ever, no matter how attractive

Part of the reason I didnt let them go. I have a good amount of authentic items, I do not want to have Anything misrepresented or posted by a buyer who bought something they thought was something else. Part of the trouble I have with having hundreds of pieces is that I am NOT an expert. Your comments are helping me deal with the items I have been given responsibility for in a proper and professional manner. I have some serious items the 4th pic is about a quarter of my collection. I need to seperate the real from reproduction before I do Anything else, especially set something up in a new display case when its not even original!

Thank You All for your information, hopefully the Luftwaffe Badge is ok, I will update more pics of the pin and catch as well as front and back closeups to get a better view.