Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for review

Article about: This is my newest badge. Please give any opinions you might have on it. I've been looking for a 100 for the past 4 years.

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for review

This is my newest badge. Please give any opinions you might have on it. I've been looking for a 100 for the past 4 years.
    Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for reviewAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for review
    P
    Many

Quote by cornernotch View Post
    This is my newest badge. Please give any opinions you might have on it. I've been looking for a 100 for the past 4 years.
    Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for reviewAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen "100" for review
    very cool i hope to have one some day.and looks good to me.

A stunning badge with incredible detail, and in cracking condition. Certainly one worth waiting for. Best regards.

Brian

Maybe the most attractive 3rd Reich badge ever designed !! Absolutely beautiful. I know little to nothing on originality, but WOW !!!
    Enjoy & glad for you.

Anyone with a clue how many of these were awarded ?

?

Beautiful badge, great addition and well worth waiting for.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Maybe the most attractive 3rd Reich badge ever designed !! Absolutely beautiful. I know little to nothing on originality, but WOW !!!
    Enjoy & glad for you.

Anyone with a clue how many of these were awarded ?
    A good question David this description from WAF just says they (75 and 100) were "rare in the extreme" being instituted in June 43, I imagine not many lived long enough to attain such an award. Still as you say beautiful! I would venture to guess this one was un-issued given its condition. Just a stunner.

Brian

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/war...al_assault.htm

Well according to time frame elements from the above reference sight....would take some five years to earn this badge. So possibly none were ever issued unless exceptions to the criteria were overlooked or shown reference is incomplete or incorrect.

With that said...Still desirable & beautiful

My error. The last sentence explains exceptions in Russian campaign where a special consideration was given

MAP
    ?

Cornernotch,

Congratulations on your purchase. There are extremely rare and expensive awards. Would you happen to be able to provide a bit more information on the maker?

On initial inspection it appears to have elements that most closely resemble Unknown Maker #4 type 2.6.1 (based on Heukemes book which admitted is dated). His book however states it is only a 75 grade producer. That said, this type appears to have a flat wire catch with round baseplate. I can not clearly see if yours has this round baseplate. Also the bayonet handle seems to be more rounded vs the example in the book that has a straighter profile. Also, the Oakleaf right above the bayonet handle looks different. Lastly the numbers are much thinner than the example in the book (which is a 75) and more closely resembles unknown maker #3.

While I have a number of standard GAB's and have been looking for a 25 & 50 JFS to add to my collection I have never really looked or studied these 75/100 awards knowing that they are well out of my reach. So in full transparency I am a novice.

My observations are just questions as I am just trying to learn. I'm sure you have much more knowledge than myself and have studied this in great detail. Much might be due to the photo angles.

Regards,

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael,

This badge is attributed to Juncker. Heukemes unknown makers #2 & #4 are both fakes based on the Juncker design. My badge is a little different form the unknown maker #3 which is also a Juncker in the book. The primary differences are found in the rivets, catch and the use of an extra small rivet holding the number plate in place. Most collectors consider my badge the earlier type of the two known types of hollow grade IV Junckers. The changes between these two types are exactly the same in Juncker grade IV PABs. The type 1 Juncker grade IV PAB used the exact same catch, tombak rivets and extra rivet on the number plate as does my badge.

Heukemes book is far from perfect but still is the best resource out there on GABs. Many of my badges are the actual ones pictured in the book. I hope this helps.

Best, John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast