Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Real or fake. Thanks guys. Not keen on the chrome look. Sorry about pics, if anyone can flip them, would be appreciated.

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Real or fake. Thanks guys. Not keen on the chrome look. Sorry about pics, if anyone can flip them, would be appreciated.

Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hinge and catch are wrong material. What is the spurious mm stamp on the back ending 'Berlin'??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hinge and catch are wrong material. What is the spurious mm stamp on the back ending 'Berlin'??
    Hi Ned, it says j godet. The middle line I can not read. Thought it felt wrong.

Quote by visor View Post
    Hi Ned, it says j godet. The middle line I can not read. Thought it felt wrong.
    O.K. thanks. Godet didn't make Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, ergo.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, as Ned has already said, the hinge and catch are wrong. The steel pin also looks brand new too, ideal for making Kebabs! Leon.

?

I think the second line of the maker mark said....made in India. It was a gift, so no loss. I will have to get a replacement. This item will be destroyed.

Even upside down it's a fake, sorry. Stewy

Quote by visor View Post
    I think the second line of the maker mark said....made in India. It was a gift, so no loss. I will have to get a replacement. This item will be destroyed.
    I wouldn't destroy it. There are several GENUINE collectors that buy in fakes to study them. My mate Fischer takes in fake ISA's to research. Stewy

?

I have to trash it. Everything fake I ever bought or received gets destroyed. One less hunk of junk floating around.

Quote by visor View Post
    I have to trash it. Everything fake I ever bought or received gets destroyed. One less hunk of junk floating around.
    Entirely your choice. But fakes, in the right hands have some importance in helping the hobby forward. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast