Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: bought it from an militaria dealer in Belgium, now is the question real or fake?

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

bought it from an militaria dealer in Belgium, now is the question real or fake?

Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-31-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please attempt to rotate your photos before posting. It will save me a lot of time doing it for you.
    Here is a thread that will assist you in posting threads the way we would like to see them.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

An original late war zinc block hinge Rudolf Karneth ASA. Quite common, but real. Stewy

?

thanks

Quote by wesley View Post
    thanks
    You're welcome. Stewy

I can't say that I share my Colleague's enthusiasm about this piece. Wouldn't be for me, sorry.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Quote by matthew View Post
    I can't say that I share my Colleague's enthusiasm about this piece. Wouldn't be for me, sorry.

cheers

Matt
    Each to their own! I'm looking at an example of this type 1.9.5 Die 'B' in Frank Heukemes book right now, and I must say it appears identical down to the smallest detail. There were a Die 'A' and later 'B' that have subtle variations that are examined in detail with lots of macro shots of both, and this matches the 'B' example exactly. Even the crimped in sheet metal hinge as opposed to the ball hinge, also crimped, that appears on the 'A' variant and also some of the early 'B' type.

What are your concerns Matt?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

looks fine to me.

Quote by big ned View Post
    What are your concerns Matt?
    Regards, Ned.
    Hello Ned,

Could be just the pics but from what I see the front wear doesn't really match the back. Come to think of it-and again could be the pic- but I can not say I can see a single zinc bubble on the front of the badge. That coupled with rather rough edge of the outside of this badge which were hand finished as opposed to the smaller cut outs which were left as is would put me off from forking over for this one.
    Like you said- to each his own.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

With these Karneths there always seems to be a different rate of finish wear, between front & reverse. Who knows why. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast