Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: I have just been offered this as an original but I am not sure about the hardware, I would appreciate any help about it by the more experienced members on here as I trust any opinions on her

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

I have just been offered this as an original but I am not sure about the hardware, I would appreciate any help about it by the more experienced members on here as I trust any opinions on here as good. thanks in advance allanAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

imo its a cast fake,lack of details poss.lead base.

I did notice the poor detail but was mostly concerned about the hardware.

The hardware is genuine, but the catch may, or may not have been repaired (not uncommon with these particular badges), better shots of it would help to ascertain this and exactly what type of catch it is. It's a small 'w' Wurster solid zinc with a pretty rare variant set up using a sheet metal hinge that was also used on their PAB production at this time. The badges obverse side is worn, and most of it's wash finish has gone, something else that's atypical.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

these are what pictures I was sent, he is asking me £85.00 should I go for it or leave it. regards allan

There are better ones out there. Question is has the catch been repaired or not? They often look as if this is the case as the catch was basically a bent 'nail' with the small flat head heavily soldered to make it attach properly, giving the appearance it was repaired when it was not. But at the same time they are often repaired due to the catches weak design. I'd be inclined to let it go.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thanks for the info, I got in touch and managed to get it for £65 which I thought was ok so I decided to buy it, I hope its a good price. regards allan

Hi Allan,

I hope you can post some quality pics of the catch when you get it, it may prove to be an interesting variant, and possibly scarce. Let's wait and see.

Regards, Ned.

when it arrives I will try and get some close ups and post them.

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen more pictures

it just arrived today and is not lead or any soft metal ,slightly concave, some silver visible. the catch has been bent so the pin will not come out and I do not want to attempt to prise the catch open, it is soldered but was done a long time ago and I would not like to say if it was repaired or not but there are small amounts of the silver coating on the solder. all the best allanAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines SturmabzeichenAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast