Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".

Article about: Thanks Adrian you beat me to it!!!

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".

Hello everyone.

I would appreciate opinions regarding the originality of this GAB 50. Sorry about the photos but I seem incapable of taking decent photo's today.

Many thanks in advance.

Robin

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-20-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gab 50

Robin I can't help you out with this badge because my knowledge these is next to none!! But I hope it is the real deal that would be nice...Cheers Terry.

Default Re: Gab 50

Details to the front look far too soft, and the set up on the rear causes some concern. also the number 50 looks odd. Remember this was for 50 engagements, and even to the last, the detail and workmanship was still apparent

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".

Thanks for the replies, The detail looks a lot sharper in hand, I have my doubts however but as II know little about these awards I would like to hear the opinions of the experts.

?

Robin,

It's based upon the Juncker design for these badges and unfortunately my dislikes on this badge outweigh my likes so my conclusion is that it is fake when compared to originals. This is a fake that is made to deceive, it is very very close to a good one but there are a couple of things that let it down.

The catch on original Juncker badges always seems to be of round wire, not square.
    The trimming outlines are different.
    The number '50' and the box in which it's mounted are poorly done.
    Details around the swastika and eagle's talons is poor, soft, not crisply struck.
    The 'shoulders' of the eagle's wings where they recess in to the wreath don't fit properly, compare to an original and they look like they've shrunk.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian, I purchased the badge some years ago from a well known UK dealer. Since then as my knowledge increased my belief in its originality decreased. Unfortunatly a divorce and two house moves has seen the receipt vanish into the ether. Well one to chalk up to experience.

?

I'm fairly sure Klaus Butschek had an original Juncker last year, maybe if he sees this thread and still has the images he'll post them.

That would be great, I've tried searching both here and on WAF for photos with no luck.

?

Here's one for comparison:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".  

Well I found Photos of a Junkers GAB 50 on the GCA forum, I believe that these were posted by Klaus. I have added them here for information and education and apologise in advance to Klaus or anyone else for infringement of copyright or offence caused.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast