Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK

Article about: I would appreciate all opinions about this badge. Thanks. GD

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK

I would appreciate all opinions about this badge.
    Thanks.
    GD
    Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RKAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RKAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK

An original, please compare

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "50" by RK

Morris

GD, Please take a look at this link for a textbook example. I see no red flags on this piece you have posted. The wear pattern on the pins, the flaw in the wreath leaf at 10 O Clock, the hinge hardware and the rivets. The 2 could be twins. A rare and quite valuable award.
    General Assault Badge
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I cannot commenton the badge itself, but the paper bag looks not like a wartime product. Would have exspected a war time paper quality.

/Jonas

?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really appreciate them.
    I have no doubts about the badge. I have researched, studied and compared it to others for almost 15 years. It's definitely an original. I must admit though, that the envelope does make me wonder a little. The paper is a little thicker and heavier than typical wartime issues. I've never seen another envelope from the numbered badges so I haven't been able to compare it to others.
    GD

Quote by xxGDxx View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I really appreciate them.
    I have no doubts about the badge. I have researched, studied and compared it to others for almost 15 years. It's definitely an original. I must admit though, that the envelope does make me wonder a little. The paper is a little thicker and heavier than typical wartime issues. I've never seen another envelope from the numbered badges so I haven't been able to compare it to others.
    GD
    Hi GD,

If you want a considered opinion on the packet, I would recommend you PM Marcus Hatton on WAF. He is the go-to guy on all matters packaging of TR awards.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wartime era packets are generally made of a very coarse and crude paper with very visible wood fibers and such in the paper. This packet is showing nothing of this, so to be frank, I have no clue as to what to make of it and it is actually quite minor in any case. The wrinkles in the paper do not look to be shaped like it contained a badge for decades and the wear on the badge itself shows that it was obviously tunic worn and not kept in the packet. The badge itself is A+1 on all marks and is the prize here. The packet, as far as I would be concerned, is merely window dressing. Personally, it looks to me like someone just stuck the badge in it to fancy it up abit, but at the end of the day, it's really of no importance or true value anyway.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wartime era packets are generally made of a very coarse and crude paper with very visible wood fibers and such in the paper. This packet is showing nothing of this, so to be frank, I have no clue as to what to make of it and it is actually quite minor in any case. The wrinkles in the paper do not look to be shaped like it contained a badge for decades and the wear on the badge itself shows that it was obviously tunic worn and not kept in the packet. The badge itself is A+1 on all marks and is the prize here. The packet, as far as I would be concerned, is merely window dressing. Personally, it looks to me like someone just stuck the badge in it to fancy it up abit, but at the end of the day, it's really of no importance or true value anyway.
    TBH, I think there is literally only a handful of genuine packets thought to exist if that. More of these badges came in private purchase cases or even just a generic box like the 'Cloud' pattern type or any other the vendor had to hand.

It's still worth dropping MH a line to find out the skinny.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.