Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" - value please?

Article about: If you choose to purchase this award, first of all you are going to need far, far better quality pictures. The badge, if real, will be obvious as there are no 'variations' on these; period.

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" - value please?

If you choose to purchase this award, first of all you are going to need far, far better quality pictures. The badge, if real, will be obvious as there are no 'variations' on these; period.

Also, if you can, check the catch with a magnet. If it sticks to it it's a fake.

If you are prepared to go to this effort and it all pans out as being genuine, Then I applaud your good fortune and say all the best! These things are still out there, and people get lucky more often than you think!

Let's see howthings go, hopefully for the good.

BTW a JFS GAB 75 sold in the last 12 months for 7500 euro's in Europe, so it's potentially worth more than my initial estimate.

Good luck.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

big ned is totally correct. if real, this badge is worth 5K easy.

also, as previously stated, far better pics are needed without a flash.

personally, i would not make the call from these pics. looking at what is here, i just would need to see more detail. i don't necessarily like the numbers... the font and some other things but i just can't see detail from these pics.

finding a authentic badge of this type for this price is like winning a lottery prize. the knee-jerk reaction is to say it can not be genuine. but, obviously, price is hardly the best criterion for authenticity. but, as also noted, it can get the spidey senses going.

Ok big ned so if it's magnet it's fake? They are iphone pics so sorry. Any other sign? the making on the back is JF5 or s with the 5 or s almost touching he F the J is just like this J.

edit:

sorry... that pic is OK... of the mark i mean.

Ok guys its 45mins down the road. Im going there now to get better pics. post as soon as I come back!!

?

In the shady underworld of South Staffordshire, Big Ned's spidey senses are somewhat legendary. The Bishops Wood Bugle often reports on his crime fighting. (Sorry, that should just read 'fighting'.)

You will have to forgive a certain amount of scepticism as we have all too often seen new members join, post marvellous items and then only turn out to be a chancer, a scammer or a bullshitter. Needless to say, these types don't last long and from experience it is very hard to accept everyone hidden behind a username on a forum at face value. Sometimes you will need to earn your spurs!

This isn't aimed to put you off posting, we welcome your contributions and look forward to seeing more from your collection but please understand how many of us long time collectors (some longer than others obviously) have seen this all before and in most cases, seen it turn out in an unfortunate manner.

- - Updated - -

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Ok guys its 45mins down the road. Im going there now to get better pics. post as soon as I come back!!
    Straight on images of the front and back in natural light will be good. Pin Up, pin down, the hinge, the catch, the number box, the makers mark, the eagle will all benefit from decent close ups.

please post some straight-on shots of front and back.

nothing jumps out and screams "fake" at me, but there is something strange about the way it's assembled. the tolerances seem off with respect to how tightly the parts are fitting into where they are supposed to lie. i'd just like a straight on shot of that.

the hinge assembly in back looks integral to the back of the badge itself and not separate and then attached as it should be. this is very strange to me and i'm not sure if it's an illusion from the photo provided or what, but if that hinge is molded right out of the back, this badge has problems.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    In the shady underworld of South Staffordshire, Big Ned's spidey senses are somewhat legendary. The Bishops Wood Bugle often reports on his crime fighting. (Sorry, that should just read 'fighting'.)

You will have to forgive a certain amount of scepticism as we have all too often seen new members join, post marvellous items and then only turn out to be a chancer, a scammer or a bullshitter. Needless to say, these types don't last long and from experience it is very hard to accept everyone hidden behind a username on a forum at face value. Sometimes you will need to earn your spurs!

This isn't aimed to put you off posting, we welcome your contributions and look forward to seeing more from your collection but please understand how many of us long time collectors (some longer than others obviously) have seen this all before and in most cases, seen it turn out in an unfortunate manner.

- - Updated - -

Straight on images of the front and back in natural light will be good. Pin Up, pin down, the hinge, the catch, the number box, the makers mark, the eagle will all benefit from decent close ups.
    Steady on Adrian....PERSEC and that!! As a matter of fact I was in the village magazine for 3rd place in the Queens Jubilee fete with my homemade game pie recently.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I don't like this, seems to be a copy IMVHO, some of the faults pointed out already about the looseness of the fit of the parts and the hinge and catch attachments as well.

Here is a supposed original posted on another forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASA_75050_1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	386275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASA_75_back051_2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	386274  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

On iPhone. Coming home now with pics give me 30 mins

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast