Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?

Article about: Hi, all. I recently saw this piece for sale for \\$85 USD and have really been wanting to pick-up an authentic GAB. This one looks good to me and seems to be in good condition. Forgive me, but

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?

Hi, all. I recently saw this piece for sale for $85 USD and have really been wanting to pick-up an authentic GAB. This one looks good to me and seems to be in good condition. Forgive me, but what is the base metal here? It looks like it has a kind of matte silver spray finish. I'm concerned that the base of the catch is a bit broken-off at bottom left as you can see in the close-up photo of the catch. My biggest issue here, though, is that this piece is from a seller who is highly unreliable, selling many good and bad items. The badge appears unmarked and if anyone might have an idea as to the maker or production period (if original!) that would be great.

Anyways, thanks for any feedback
    Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?  Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?  Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?  Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: Authentic example?

Hi Adam,
    I think this is a good badge by the unknown maker #10.
    Hopefully some of the others can add their thoughts too and correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, Adrian and thanks for the feedback on the GAB. I think I'm gonna go ahead an pull the trigger and get it... It looks good to me and I have a good feeling about it. The unknown maker #10? I'm not familiar and will have to research this... The badge isn't marked 10 so I assume you mean it is designated as maker #10, who is unknown? Are there specific features which lead you to believe this might be a #10/unknown maker GAB?

Thanks again
    Best,
    Adam

?

Hi Adam,
    If you go for it, make sure you get a money back return guarantee. I was hoping a few of the badge collectors would've seen this and confirmed if my opinion was correct. (Or not!)

The unknown maker #10 is identified by Frank Heukemes in his reference book on the GAB. I compared the example you posted to known originals and obverse details and hardware appear to be a good match to this maker.

Thanks for the quick response and for your research, Adrian...I'll have to get that book! The seller is offering it as guaranteed original so he shouldn't have a problem with giving me my money back if it's determined to be bad. Yes, a few more opinions to confirm would be great. Just curious, if the #10 unknown GABs are common or more scarce?

Best,
    Adam

?

I would say more scarce based purely upon the results I got when researching.