Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone! I could sure use some expert opinions on this badge as to it's authenticity? Also, curious of the manufacturing technique/metal composition and if authentic, early or late wa

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?

Hello everyone!

I could sure use some expert opinions on this badge as to it's authenticity? Also, curious of the manufacturing technique/metal composition and if authentic, early or late war manufacture? Thanks for your input; it goes a long way!

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: authentic period piece or fake?
    P
    Many

These mold number Assmann GAB's are faked to an alarmingly high degree, but looking at the crisp details on this one, the acorn cups, bayonet handle etc. and the hardware, I'm inclined to say it's a good one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned,
    Knowing the high rate of counterfeits and quality of the spurious pieces these days, I too cautiously felt the details were leaning toward the authentic. Good to have other more experienced opinions.
    Thanks again...Alex