Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen (curved on the back)

Article about: Hello dear militaria world Do you know which type is this one ? The curved surface on the back is not very common I think. I would like also to be sure of the authenticity. (I'm never sure)

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen (curved on the back)

Hello dear militaria world

Do you know which type is this one ?
    The curved surface on the back is not very common I think.
    I would like also to be sure of the authenticity. (I'm never sure)
    Thanks for your comments.

Last edited by rbminis; 02-08-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen (curved on the back)
    P
    Many

Hi Gagarin,

This is a genuine hollow zinc type 1.21.3 from the maker Paul Meybauer. They were renowned for having the "Cut Out Swaz" design on various types of badges, and that was the title they went under when these combat badges were still listed as being by an unknown maker.

However, this type is different in that not only is the swastika not cut out, but neither is the areas between the grenade and bayonet and the base of the swastika and lower wing feathers.

That indicates a later production period of the early hollow badges, as does the different hardware with the elliptical hinge base that differs from their usual set up. Later production moved into semi hollow and solid zinc types as quality continued to fall and production was simplified by cost/material restrictions and other wartime hardships.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you very much. Again, you know everything. Impressive

One tries one's best, thank you.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Is it a "shed find"? Not quite ground dug but not far off. Stewy

When I asked about the origin of this GAB.. The guy who sold it to me... said with a very bad english (he is russian) something like this: "Sometimes I go with metal detector, but basically I walk through the ancient settlements.". Mysterious
    I think he is not exactly a militaria collector.. He said "I like military archeology".

Quote by Gagarin View Post
    When I asked about the origin of this GAB.. The guy who sold it to me... said with a very bad english (he is russian) something like this: "Sometimes I go with metal detector, but basically I walk through the ancient settlements.". Mysterious
    I think he is not exactly a militaria collector.. He said "I like military archeology".
    One can only hope the "ancient settlements" he walks through with his metal detector aren't burial grounds or pits, you never know and can't tell these days. And that's why I never have, and never will collect relic items. No way.

Regards, Ned.