MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42

Article about: Bitte sagen Sie mir auf oreginalnosti

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42

Bitte sagen Sie mir auf oreginalnosti
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42  

Quote by magnat View Post
    Welcome to the forum magnat!

This badge is a Staegemeir fake of the Gustav Brehmer 42 GAB. It's a fairly recent upgrade on his previous attempts at this makers badge, and this latest type comes both marked and unmarked, as did the originals whereas his previous attempt at it were ALL maker marked. I think he realised that leaving it unmarked also allowed the opportunity for it to be mistaken for the Juncker design, but that's just my thoughts.

It's a very good attempt, but is let down in the small details. For instance, the oval hinge is not a known variant on the genuine badge, an immediate red flag.

Another detail that nails this badge as a fake is the makers mark itself. It does not quite match the original, but is an exact copy of that found on known fakes.

Your badge.

Known Staegemeir fake.

Another bad one.

And the original makers mark in comparison.

Finally, you need to examine the minute details on the reverse of the badge, the small "blobs" of material that have "spattered" over the surface when the badge was struck, each individual badge is different, like a fingerprint, but not here. The marks are identical on both the marked and unmarked fake, how can that be?? It's not possible as the genuine marked and unmarked badges would have had to have used two separate reverse dies, but as can be seen highlighted below they both have the identical spatter marks. Also note the identical solder residue around the catch plate of both badges, again impossible, unless of course the badge is a cast copy which will always be identical, as they are here. Ergo, a fake badge, but good enough to fool Niemann.

Comparison of the Niemann badge with a known fake unmarked version, they are the same.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen G.B.42

Save your money if you haven't already bought it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry a fake IMO. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Sorry a fake IMO. Stewy
    Welcome back bro.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello old mate. You beat me to it on this one & your answer was more explanatory. Still, same difference. Stewy