Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions Please

Article about: I picked this up over the weekend. \\$140 US. Looking closer I am not convinced it is original after comparing to numerous other threads. Unmarked. The finish appears to be good. Assuming plat

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions Please

I picked this up over the weekend. $140 US. Looking closer I am not convinced it is original after comparing to numerous other threads. Unmarked. The finish appears to be good. Assuming plated Zinc. Opinions on originality and I would like to know the maker would be greatly appreciated.
    John

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions PleaseAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions PleaseAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions PleaseAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - General Assault Badge Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Hello John. Looks a fairly close match to the one featured here in Ralph's thread. IMO a good badge. Best regards.

Brian

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Attributed RK, Rudolph Karneth, Ball Hinge.

Edit: Upon further comparison the two are pretty much identical.
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 06-27-2017 at 12:44 AM.

I've always been a bit lairy of this particular obverse design in the semi hollow form, but it is generally accepted now as a type variant (the early type 1.9.2. hollow zinc badge design) that carried over into the later semi hollow design (respectively types 1.9.3 Die 'A' and 1.9.4 Die 'B', each being slightly different in design.) There is also a type 1.9.5 Block hinge set up to deal with. On that criteria the badge appears good.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the replies. I overpaid for something again, worst of all probably not the last time.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I overpaid for something again, worst of all probably not the last time.
    John
    I don t think it's really overpriced. It s a nice original example with a nice finish. Look at dealers sites you would be hard pressed to find a nicer one cheaper. And yes we ALL will probably overpay for an item in the near future so join the club! LOL best regards.

Brian

I don't think you overpaid. It presents well. I would have grabbed it for that price. NH

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better about my purchase. My knowledge is mainly in the guns and holsters but I like to have some items that display well.
    John