Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

Article about: Yes this badge has snapped, and was glued back together, but it was free. Can anyone help I'd this maker. I was thinking tombak hymmen & co. Because of the shape of leaves. The odd thing

?

I think I can explain , I have been looking through some various old catalogues.
    some medals can be bought with different finishes, glanzverzinkt, oxidiert, bronzed and so on..
    this is just an example , not proof.
    But maybe this is oxidiert. Or chemically oxidised using hydrocloric acid, adding some powdered down zinc slag. a little like this...Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.
    P
    Many

?

Im no metalurgist or anything.. Just reading a lot Waelz process - Wikipedia
    The germans invented most of the techniques used world wide today...
    No shortage of zink with the germans about, they even recovered zink dust from forge chimneys...

?

A few more close using a magnifier . In the first picture dimple is revealed under the coating.
    Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

?

This is the die flaw on the hymmen I was talking about.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

?

Just got this of wiki:
    Interference-based coatings were invented and developed in 1935 by Alexander Smakula, who was working for the Carl Zeiss optics company.[25][26][27] Anti-reflection coatings were a German military secret until the early stages of World War II.[28] Katharine Burr Blodgett and Irving Langmuir developed organic anti-reflection coatings known as Langmuir–Blodgett films in the late 1930s.

?

This is also something the germans could have used. Zinc plating to create a rough black or grey surface.
    What is black zinc treatment?

?

Lots of anti slip and anti-reflective paints contain over 95% zinc.

You do know that you are allowed to think of things to say and then type them altogether in a big mass of letters and words.

Such things are called paragraphs .

?

Here Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz/ Black Woundbadge is a black wound badge. With , what looks like that same type of coating.

MAP
    ?

I don't think anyone is saying this "coating" didn't exist or that someone put it on. What I am saying is that I have yet to see a true war time example. I would love to see period examples or photos.

If there is period evidence or someone with experience can shed more light on the subject....that would be great and we all learned something new.

Although a gut feeling thinks it was period applied (not factory done), until there is more info, I am obliged to say it is still an enigma and "?" to me
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast