Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen l/21

Article about: Hello Just wanted to show off my "not so easy to find" L/21 GAB It was sold to me as with a repaired catch. But I think its fine and that opinion is shared with some others Opinion

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen l/21

Hello

Just wanted to show off my "not so easy to find" L/21 GAB
    It was sold to me as with a repaired catch. But I think its fine and that opinion is shared with some others

Opinions welcomed

All the best
    Sindri

***whoops, screwed up on the title, cannot change it afterwards, my apologies.
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-28-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen l/21
    P
    Many

Nice Forster und Barth ASA Sindri. That replacement of catch maybe was period, it really look well made, but that catch can also be genuine actually. As far as I can see it is slightly different from few other original examples, so its really hard to tell.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Base plate of the catch should be smaller I think, but this one could be just some kind of variation.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Hello Franko

Yes thats true, the plate I have seen on other F&B gabs (that are not that many I must admit) is smaller, more oval.
    But I have seen for example on Coastal Artillery badges from F&B a bigger plates, so it quite plausible that this one is period.

It does not look handled with, but until another one turns up with this plate its just a matter of belief I guess

All the best
    Sindri

MAP
    ?

I see nothing that suggests a replace/repaired catch.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I see nothing that suggests a replace/repaired catch.

Neither do I. Probably genuine catch, despite the fact it is different than on other examples of this ASA.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Very nice GAB Sindri, however I think the catch has been re-soldered looking at the L/21 presented here: GCA Forum | Access denied.

/Jonas

Thanks Jonas

Yes there are 2 variants of catches, the first like the one in GCA forum without any plate, but theres a second one with a identical catch as mine, but the plate is smaller in the shown example (Franks GAB book) and more oval. hmm... so its a little hard to say, at least for me.

But on the plus side, three GAB collectors have already contacted me and offered all kinds of exchange deals or cash, I would say thats a good sign.
    So good even that I have decided to ride the GAB train and collect them along side what I already collect, wanna join me Jonas ?

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Thanks Jonas

Yes there are 2 variants of catches, the first like the one in GCA forum without any plate, but theres a second one with a identical catch as mine, but the plate is smaller in the shown example (Franks GAB book) and more oval. hmm... so its a little hard to say, at least for me.

But on the plus side, three GAB collectors have already contacted me and offered all kinds of exchange deals or cash, I would say thats a good sign.
    So good even that I have decided to ride the GAB train and collect them along side what I already collect, wanna join me Jonas ?
    hmm, they are really nice badges and maybe some day I will go for the GABs. Not right now, but you never know

I will probably buy one or two along the way.

/Jonas