Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, Wurster

Article about: hi. i bought this badge recently. nice marked ,,W,, and heavy zinc badge made by Karl Wurster. but looks really mint so i wanna to be sure if not repainted-maybe coated with ,,brennlack,,? t

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, Wurster

hi. i bought this badge recently. nice marked ,,W,, and heavy zinc badge made by Karl Wurster. but looks really mint so i wanna to be sure if not repainted-maybe coated with ,,brennlack,,? thanks for advice. regards,Jan

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, Wurster
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-13-2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Edited the title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, Wurster
    P
    Many

Hi, I used to have one of these "small w" Wursters and the reverse was nicely bubbled just like yours and took on a slightly "grubby" looking hue to it, again, like the reverse of yours. I am not sure about the front of your award though, it does appear to be much brighter in appearance than the reverse, unless that is just a lighting issue. Leon.

Please use this thread when starting a new thread in the Orders and Decorations forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

i have learned german for 10 years mate but ok :-D

Quote by bacilko30 View Post
    i have learned german for 10 years mate but ok :-D
    If that is the case, why do I have to continually edit the title of your threads here?
    The "stickys" are there at the top of the section for all to read and follow.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

ok,sorry. understood....

very nice badge.

[QUOTE=bacilko30;1419258]hi. i bought this badge recently. nice marked ,,W,, and heavy zinc badge made by Karl Wurster. but looks really mint so i wanna to be sure if not repainted-maybe coated with ,,brennlack,,? thanks for advice. regards,Jan

Hi Jan,

This is the last type of GAB that Wurster made ( the sheet metal hinge is the main clue) and indeed does have a Brennlack finish compared to the earlier small block hinged massive tombak and zinc badges that had a brighter, silver plated coating. The finish looks original to me, it's a little subdued to the earlier plated type and that may cause some to think it's been refinished, but in my opinion it's not, although it may have been cleaned.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi mate, I'm with Ned I don't think this ASA has been re-finished. Just well cared for. Stewy

thank you very much for your opinions guys . here are some daylight pics....regards,Jan

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, WursterAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen, mint,marked, Wurster