Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?

Article about: I got this badge instead of the here proven fake ISA, and need here some opinions too. It's an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen in Silber, maker marked 40. Zinc piece. Thanks and regards!

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?

I got this badge instead of the here proven fake ISA, and need here some opinions too. It's an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen in Silber, maker marked 40. Zinc piece.

Thanks and regards!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?
    P
    Many

Original Rudolf Karneth ball hinge (with the rounded top ball hinge, not flat). Mid to late war zinc ASA. Good exchange, but these are a very common ASA. Still, it's original. Stewy

I take that back, after re-reading the post. It shouldn't be marked, Karneth didn't MM their ASA's. Stewy

Can you get better pics? Zinc Karneth's were never high quality manufacture. It's either a fake or an original with a post war makers mark added. Stewy

Many thanks for your quick replies, and yes, the "40" looks a bit amateurish scratched in. Here is another picture of the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen MM 40 - good?  

Looking at the overall design I think it's an original that's been supposedly enhanced with a MM. The bayonet & grenade are as they should be & the eagles head is always a lottery on Karneths. Stewy

He might be a bit jarred off with you, but I'd return this too if it were mine. Sorry, Stewy.

I think it's a good badge that's from the early type 'A' die ( there were two, very slightly different in design), that as Stewy says may have been marked post war, or could possibly be a suppliers mark as was sometimes found on some zinc PAB's and other badges. The reverse has been tampered with at some point, looking like it's been roughly sanded.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hinge has what looks like scorch marks around it, but strangely doesn't look crudely repaired. MM is I'm 99% certain post war. Scratch/sanding marks could be a primitive & very early attempt at proving originality. I've seen it before. Stewy

The new reverse photo almost looks like there's a weakly stamped 'L/' before the number. L/40 didn't exist as an LDO number and 40 was the PKZ number for Berg & Nolte, which the badge clearly is not. With the other points that have been noted already,I would also not have space for this compromised badge in my collection.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast