Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?

Article about: Hi friends, can you help me, is that original wehrmacht assault badge? Thank you!!

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?

Hi friends, can you help me, is that original wehrmacht assault badge? Thank you!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-26-2019 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Also, I have moved your thread to the correction of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I own a very similar badge that I had done quite a bit of research on. There is a fake out there but its tell is that the top of the grenade is flat instead of tapered. I would say your badge is ok. to bad about the missing hardware.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I own a very similar badge that I had done quite a bit of research on. There is a fake out there but its tell is that the top of the grenade is flat instead of tapered. I would say your badge is ok. to bad about the missing hardware.

John
    Is this the fake, or an original?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

The 2nd picture with the flat grenade top is a known fake. Here is a picture of that GAB fake back.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen real or fake?  
    Last edited by War Medals; 02-28-2019 at 12:31 PM.

The badge is supposed to be a Karneth hollow zinc. (1.9.2 in Frank Heukemes book)

I am quite sure that examples with a block hinge are considered to be dubious but I do like the reverse of the badge that started the thread.

Due to the condition good or bad I would pass on this one

Cheers
    Doug