Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review

Article about: Hí Guys Just arrived this is a unmarked GAB and I would like to show to you I not collect these type badge but IMO this is good condition What do you think about it ?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review

Hí Guys
    Just arrived this is a unmarked GAB and I would like to show to you
    I not collect these type badge but IMO this is good condition
    What do you think about it ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review  

Last edited by rbminis; 11-22-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review
    P
    Many

looks a nice one to me Sanya.

Hi there, I think it's a nice unknown maker #7. IMO these and unknown makers #6 & #8 share a few similarities. Stewy

Agreed! A perfect #7, or type 1.24.3 as it's known under the latest designations. Great condition and textbook set up.

EDIT:

I'm wondering if this badge could be cupal rather than zinc. Is that a faint amount of copper showing on the eagles wing shoulders and breast feathers, bayonet and grenade??? An accurate weight will tell. Cupal @ 15g -16g, Zinc @ 17g - 18g.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Agreed! A perfect #7, or type 1.24.3 as it's known under the latest designations. Great condition and textbook set up.

EDIT:

I'm wondering if this badge could be cupal rather than zinc. Is that a faint amount of copper showing on the eagles wing shoulders and breast feathers, bayonet and grenade??? An accurate weight will tell. Cupal @ 15g -16g, Zinc @ 17g - 18g.

Regards, Ned.
    It looks like copper peeping through to me too!...

Quote by big ned View Post

EDIT:

Regards, Ned.
    It certainly does mate! Stewy

Looking again at the reverse, the slight "wrinkling" around the area of the crossed bayo and grenade, plus the rough edge burr around the circumference of the badge and the cut outs makes me more convinced it may well be cupal., in which case it's a great score!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very nice!

?

Hello,
    I also like it. Could the badge be flash coated with copper over the zinc and then painted? They did this with some KM awards.

Jody

Hí Jody
    Thank the lot of comment IMO this is the badge material "Ned is right " Cupal not coated with copper over the zinc
    here is the near picture the
    I think where ,here can be seen the material
    this is not a repainted badge
    Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I also like it. Could the badge be flash coated with copper over the zinc and then painted? They did this with some KM awards.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen review  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast