Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Tomback

Article about: Another of the medals I got today. Don't have a reference book on these yet. Appears to be tomback to me. Picks don't do it justice but it is really beautiful in hand. Most of the finis is t

MAP
    ?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Karneth

Another of the medals I got today. Don't have a reference book on these yet.

Appears to be tomback to me.

Picks don't do it justice but it is really beautiful in hand. Most of the finis is there with a nice patina on the front. It has what appears to flux or solder that has dripped to the front. Does not appear to be a repair.

Any thoughts on this? Good? It is unmarked.

Thanks!

Michael

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen TombackAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Tomback
    Last edited by MAP; 12-13-2015 at 04:08 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Tomback
    P
    Many

looks like a karneth one to me.

Another Karneth, but if you notice the ball hinge isn't flattened on the top (face that we see). A slight variant, but I don't know whether both types of ball hinge were being used at the same time. Or whether one was later than the other. Both of your RK's you posted are late war zinc examples. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Again, thanks Harry and Stewy.

Now I have something to do a bit of research and learning on! Great to hear they are OK. I had a feeling they were but always check here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)