Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked

Article about: hi everyone I have got a new GAB today ,its unmarked and I'd like to who made it.and it's real or fake? thanks david

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked

hi everyone
    I have got a new GAB today ,its unmarked and I'd like to who made it.and it's real or fake?
    thanks
    david
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen unmarked

Good one, maker unknown.

does anybody knows what's the badge maker?

If Janos doesn't know, theres a good chance nobody does.

Perhaps you should consider buying some reference material rather than starting multiple 'is it real, is it fake' threads? No disrespect intended but I think you will see more assistance from forum members by posting a new item and being able to say "Here is my new badge, I think the maker might be 'A' or 'B' based on these reasons 'X', 'Y' or 'Z' as I see in my reference material or read on other threads and forums".

Early on I did quite some research and found some good reference books covering my common collecting interests. My recommendations to you are:

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen: 'The General Assault Badge' by Frank Heukemes
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz: 'The War Merit Cross' by Gordon Williamson & Josef Charita
    Krimschild: 'The Krim Shield' by Sascha Weber
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen: 'The Infantry Assault Badge' also by Sascha Weber
    Nahkampfspange: 'The German Close Combat Clasp of WW2' by Thomas Durante
    Eisernes Kreuz: 'The Iron Time, A History of the Iron Cross' by Stephen Previtera

Now this list is by no means definitive and many other options are available but I can assure you that armed with such material you will be able to answer many of your own questions and also educate yourself in this most interesting of hobbies.

?

Unfortunately if the maker is unknown, then it is exactly that - unknown. There are many awards that can't be identified to a particular maker. The EK2 stamped '75' springs to mind. We know the crosses, we know they were made by a company that was given the PKZ number '75' but we don't know who that company was. This is just one example, along with your badge that we know are original but of unknown origin. Strange but true.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thank you for your advise,Glenn66.

sorry about my way of my question.I think i'll Thoughtful in my next question.

I would like to express my views in more when I question,But unfortunately my english is poor,i can't put my opinion fully.

I also want to buy more books about the german badge,but in my coutry the book with "卐" is Contraband.so i came the nice fourm ,that Expect the help.

Possible I to ask the question the way to be able to make one cause the misunderstanding.However, I would be glad to correct.

thank you again.

david

No need to apologise David, we are here to help.

Can I ask, which is your country?