Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity

Article about: Please review this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen piece. Have had it for many, many years and want to verify if it is a replica or the real deal. Tinnies, medals, badges and awards is not my str

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity

Please review this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen piece. Have had it for many, many years and want to verify if it is a replica or the real deal. Tinnies, medals, badges and awards is not my strongest topic so your eyes and opinions are important. Thanks All in advance.

I believe to be a cast fake but not sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Verifying Authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello Kirk,
    Although not my area of study, I believe it is original. I do not really see any signs of it being a cast fake. There are so many of these that are unmarked, unless you study them, it could take quite a while to find an example to compare. I have not been able to locate any fakes that match this one yet. Big Ned has spent time getting to know these as he is collecting them, I am sure he will contribute his opinion here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph...appreciate you responding. I did PM Big Ned for him to weigh in as well when he can. I have had others tell me it was real piece outside forum but for some reason and I hope I am wrong it seemed fake to me. Maybe due to my lack of knowledge on these badge awards or it being unmarked was my reasoning. I will hang out and see what else flows in. Happy New Year!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Kirk,
    Although not my area of study, I believe it is original. I do not really see any signs of it being a cast fake. There are so many of these that are unmarked, unless you study them, it could take quite a while to find an example to compare. I have not been able to locate any fakes that match this one yet. Big Ned has spent time getting to know these as he is collecting them, I am sure he will contribute his opinion here.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

I would be really nice to have a sticky of makers and their variants of originals or a sticky of know fakes...maybe one exists and I didn't see it.

Just a thought. I know it would be a labor of love to put together.......

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would be really nice to have a sticky of makers and their variants of originals or a sticky of know fakes...maybe one exists and I didn't see it.

Just a thought. I know it would be a labor of love to put together.......

Michael
    Hello Michael,
    It has been talked about but frankly, I do not have the time nor the experience in all areas of awards.
    Besides, most of the moderators are too busy keeping control of some members that either don't belong here or can't control their urges.
    There are data bases on other forums that I belong to that I go to to obtain the information that I am after.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Michael,
    It has been talked about but frankly, I do not have the time nor the experience in all areas of awards.
    Besides, most of the moderators are too busy keeping control of some members that either don't belong here or can't control their urges.
    There are data bases on other forums that I belong to that I go to to obtain the information that I am after.
    Ralph.
    Hmmm...I hope I'm not on that short list of one's who can't control themselves...

Thanks Ralph, I completely understand.

It would be very difficult to put together. I just (sometimes ) feel bad for you guys for answering the same questions (many from me ) over and over.

Just a thought...maybe a sticky of fakes? When ever one is called out as bad, the poster (not the Mod or Big Ned, etc) could, if they wish, post an image of it with a short description (i.e. T-Rex Foot Fake, or Pigeon Head Fake). I think some of the other sub-forums have something like this.

Just a thought and not pushing anything. You all do a great job as it is.

Thanks

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post

Just a thought...maybe a sticky of fakes? When ever one is called out as bad, the poster (not the Mod or Big Ned, etc) could, if they wish, post an image of it with a short description (i.e. T-Rex Foot Fake, or Pigeon Head Fake). I think some of the other sub-forums have something like this.

Thanks

Michael
    If done that way, I believe it would become so large that it would be more or less uncontrolable and would be difficult to find what you are looking for.
    I feel that it needs to be more organized than that.
    I would also add that whenever I post an item up for review or to show, I always try to include the maker details in the title to make it easier to find. You would be surprised how many do NOT search at all.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Correct, and that's why your the Boss...ah I mean the Mod.

Thanks!

Hi Kirk,

I'm sorry, but I've not received your PM for some reason, and my inbox isn't yet full, otherwise I'd have responded earlier. Still, better late than never eh?

As far as the badge goes, it's a genuine B.H. Mayer/Otto Schickle design hollow zincer that's unfortunately missing it's catch. This fairly common GAB is thought not to have been made by Mayer, but is actually unsold stock from the Schickle company that lost it's production licence in June 1941 or thereabouts, and was purchased by Mayer for sale by them.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Big Ned. Most appreciated. Thanks so much. Have a great night! Rossi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast