Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

Article about: Hi guys, what is yuor thouts about this one? Best regards, Franko

Default Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

Hi guys, what is yuor thouts about this one? Best regards, FrankoAllgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!
    P
    Many

This is a peculiar one and I don't know what to say about it.

It has the obverse and reverse of the badge that is designated 1.25 in the list of badges and is by an unknown maker.

That dark grey matt finish was applied to some badges as the 'subdued' model, but I have not seen this one before.
    The lower cut outs are very crisp and don't look anything like an original 1.25 badge.

I would need some really crisp close ups of the front and a confirmation of the rear hinge and hook before I passed it as good.

We have a member Ryuuk who is good with these badges so hopefully he will have a look and confirm either way.

Thanks Doug. I have seen exactly the same badge as this one on Helmut Weitze online shop. And he is cosidered to be the best and most reliable in Europe. Best regards, Franko

?

IMO, it's original badge.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Saladin View Post
    This is a peculiar one and I don't know what to say about it.

It has the obverse and reverse of the badge that is designated 1.25 in the list of badges and is by an unknown maker.

That dark grey matt finish was applied to some badges as the 'subdued' model, but I have not seen this one before.
    The lower cut outs are very crisp and don't look anything like an original 1.25 badge.

I would need some really crisp close ups of the front and a confirmation of the rear hinge and hook before I passed it as good.

We have a member Ryuuk who is good with these badges so hopefully he will have a look and confirm either way.
    I tend to agree with you. Based on my Heukemes book (which I know is not perfect) the obverse does appear close to a 1.25 but there are a few subtleties that are different. Especially the thickness of the inner part of the wreath and where it meets/attaches to the adlers wing tips. On the 1.25 there is a clear line of this inner ring of the wreath next to the wing tips. Impossible to really explain without showing photos (sorry - don't have time). Maybe the angle of the photo? It looks more like a 1.24 as this "line" I mentioned is not present....But again, the reverse cut outs and catch set up are quite different on both the 1.25 / 1.24 when compared to the OP's.

Ryuuk: I see you have given it the thumbs up and trust your expertise. Would love to hear more thoughts on your view.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Thanks Doug. I have seen exactly the same badge as this one on Helmut Weitze online shop. And he is cosidered to be the best and most reliable in Europe. Best regards, Franko
    I do not know Weitze having never bought anything from him...but others have different opinions.

Crap from Weitze militaria

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Ryuuk do you maybe know who is maker of this badge. Best regards, Franko

MAP
    ?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Ryuuk do you maybe know who is maker of this badge. Best regards, Franko

This is most likely an "Unknown" maker. There were many of them. As Saladin pointed out. He thinks it is a type 1.25 attributed to Unknown maker #8 (a classification give by Frank Heukemes in his book). I think it might be closer to type 1.24 (Unknown maker #7), but as we noted there are some characteristics we can not confirm based on the photos.

I am willing to accept Ryuuk 's proclamation that this is legit as he knows a lot more than I do. Would love to hear more on his thoughts.

Quote by MAP View Post

I am willing to accept Ryuuk 's proclamation that this is legit as he knows a lot more than I do. Would love to hear more on his thoughts.
    Me Too

I'm still interested in an additional take on this badge.
    I thought I'd pop over an see what Helmut had on the subdued ASA badges and he currently has 4.

So lets start with a shot of Franko's badge...Reverse shot and look at the 4 That Helmut has on offer:

Franko's:

Now the 4 for sale:

Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

The 4th one that I assume is being compared to the thread starter:

What I see is that none have got a similar cut out profile to Franco's

Cheers
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast