Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemienes Sturmabzeichen with "A" makers mark - is it real?

Article about: Hey mates.. Any opinions on this Sturmabzeichen? It looks very good preserved in my opinion, but the rear pin is missing.. It also bears an A - makers mark on the back? Is it an original? Co

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen with "ASSMAN" makers mark - is it real?

Hey mates..

Any opinions on this Sturmabzeichen?

It looks very good preserved in my opinion, but the rear pin is missing..
    It also bears an A - makers mark on the back?

Is it an original?
    It what price range could this Abzeichen move?

Thanks for any info on thos one, i like to understand my collections pieces well, therefore i´ll ask here..

Cheers
    DanielAllgemienes Sturmabzeichen with "A" makers mark -  is it real?Allgemienes Sturmabzeichen with "A" makers mark -  is it real?
    Last edited by danhashman; 05-24-2015 at 03:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemienes Sturmabzeichen with "A" makers mark -  is it real?
    P
    Many

This is a very poor example of late war Assmann solid zinc Mould '1' General Assault Badge that besides losing it's pin has also had the integral catch ground off, this may well have been done deliberately to mount it in a scrapbook or photo album. The obverse side is also rough, retaining no finish and being fairly beaten up. I won't put a value on it as it's up to you to decide what you're prepared to pay for this piece that has very little collector value left, but it would not be very much. My advice would be save your money until you can get a better one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks my Ned...

I got it very cheap, and you know how it is, besides i could sell it here in Mexico for far more than i payed for it, but anyhow it looks good on display.
    And i am glad to know that it is an original piece, even thou it has its obvious flaws.

I´ll try now to find some info about Assman 1,2,3-molds...

Thanks man !!!!
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-24-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Thanks my Ned...

I got it very cheap, and you know how it is, besides i could sell it here in Mexico for far more than i payed for it, but anyhow it looks good on display.
    And i am glad to know that it is an original piece, even thou it has its obvious flaws.

I´ll try now to find some info about Assman 1,2,3-molds...

Thanks man !!!!
    In German I believe Assmann broadly equates to "Ace Man" so more to do with cards than grot flicks.....
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-24-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.