Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Another Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Here is the other ASA I promised to post. Had this for a number of years. Condition is 100%. Looks unissued. I went through the threads again and was not comfortable ID'ing myself. Could fin

MAP
    ?

Default Another Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Here is the other ASA I promised to post. Had this for a number of years.

Condition is 100%. Looks unissued. I went through the threads again and was not comfortable ID'ing myself.

Could find one with a similar catch/hinge that also matched the front......hopefully not a fake.

Getting better but not there yet!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michael

Another Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAnother Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAnother Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAnother Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAnother Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-14-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

looks ok to me

Hi Mike,

It's an original badge by an unknown maker (type 1.27.2), the same one as produced the semi hollow '4 rivet' badge seen below. The one you own is considered the 2nd variant of this badge, the die is different and the rivets were given up on due no doubt to the shortages of materials at this mid to later stage of the war, the crimped and soldered hardware taking it's place. The badge is fairly common, but this one is in particularly fine condition considering the finishes used at the time.

Regards, Ned.

Another Allgemeines SturmabzeichenAnother Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

You da man Ned ...amazing knowledge. Thanks! Was a relatively cheap pickup a few years back.

thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice find. The four rivet variant seems to be the more common variant of late. Yours is, as you say in top condition. Stewy