Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ASA question

Article about: hi. here is my new ASA, unmarked in average condition. nothing special but was quite cheap. but i have question about the strange upper pin. maybe low quality production? thank you.

Default ASA question

hi. here is my new ASA, unmarked in average condition. nothing special but was quite cheap. but i have question about the strange upper pin. maybe low quality production? thank you.

ASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA questionASA question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ASA question
    P
    Many

Typical late war zinc R Karneth. Stewy

Hi bacilko,

The badge is a genuine late war piece by Rudolf Karneth known as the type 1.9.5. The poorly crimped in hinge is actually folded sheet metal and not a small block one as it appears to be. The catch and pin are also made of a non precious alloy rather than the earlier high quality Tombak types. Note the deterioration of the die around the head especially, also typical of these late Karneth badges. The original finish would have been like chrome, but many are found today with this dull finish as the low quality plating has succumbed to time. Hope this answers your question.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

expected a few words but got a lesson about karneth asa badges. Big Ned you should write a book! thank you very much. to stewy too