Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Assman Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mold 3 stange pin

Article about: Hello, what do you think about this pin? Is it original? Thank you Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Assman Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mold 3 stange pin

Hello, what do you think about this pin? Is it original? Thank you

Last edited by rbminis; 11-02-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assman Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mold 3 stange pin
    P
    Many

Photos of the GAB
    Assman Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mold 3 stange pin Assman Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mold 3 stange pin

Looks good, pin is an acceptable variant. I think this type was also utilised on their IAB's in some cases but is considered weak and prone to breakage compared to the one piece curved pin and pressure foot used on most of Assmann's production badges.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

looks ok to me.

I have a similar example. I believe it has the same pin construction. NH

Sorry to be the odd one out here gents but I don't like this one.

The detail on the obverse is rough and the edges of the reverse look really uneven. The maker mark and mould number seem too weakly defined for the apparent condition of the badge. I have seen this type of pin on other badges and even have an Assman FlakAbz in my own collection with this type of pin (much better made) but I don't recall ever seeing one on a GAB at all. From these pics I think this is a cast copy possibly from the Staegemeir stable. I would either research it further or just leave it.

@ Neil Your GAB does not have this type of pin. Yours has the standard one piece bent wire type with integral pressure foot.

Regards

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Sorry to be the odd one out here gents but I don't like this one.

The detail on the obverse is rough and the edges of the reverse look really uneven. The maker mark and mould number seem too weakly defined for the apparent condition of the badge. I have seen this type of pin on other badges and even have an Assman FlakAbz in my own collection with this type of pin (much better made) but I don't recall ever seeing one on a GAB at all. From these pics I think this is a cast copy possibly from the Staegemeir stable. I would either research it further or just leave it.

@ Neil Your GAB does not have this type of pin. Yours has the standard one piece bent wire type with integral pressure foot.

Regards

Mark

The defence humbly rests....

GAB Assmann 3 pin - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry gents - I thought it was similar to mine. My Assman was authenticated here a few months ago. Thanks all for the feedback. NH