Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Frank & Reif Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Adrian It makes up for getting fleeced on other items I have bought, like my 'genuine' WWI Marine wound badge in black \\$80US about 4+ years ago, and this one, I don't know if it's a fake

Default Frank & Reif Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Hi Adrian

It makes up for getting fleeced on other items I have bought, like my 'genuine' WWI Marine wound badge in black $80US about 4+ years ago, and this one, I don't know if it's a fake or not, but judging by it's brand spanking new appearance, that was enough for me to believe I'd been swindled Or is someone going to startle me and tell me it's the real deal and I didn't blow 80EU 4 years ago after all?

Attachment 295603

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frank & Reif Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Other than the questionable latch, which may have been replaced or repaired, it looks much as a semi-hollow scooped out Frank & Reif GAB should, to me. They were always crudely made.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch, U-Boots-Jagd und Sichrungsverbände (RK) - help please!

Hi William

If this was a genuine item, even with a repaired or replaced latch, should it look brand new though?

It must be the alloy they used, as I've run into several of these Frank & Reif's that looked just like this one. Apparently, they didn't tarnish or oxidize as fast as the others. Or, of course, they might simply have never been issued, is all.
    William

Ok, thanks for that William, I don't know anything about GABs, so, would you be reasonably confident that I have a genuine one, albeit with a repaired/replaced latch? I automatically thought I'd been burnt 80 euros because of it's appearance. None of my other badges/medals look this good

Like I said, it certainly matches the other known examples I've encountered by this maker, both in it's crudeness of manufacture and it's odd shininess. I would have to say that it looks correct, in my opinion.
    William

Thanks William, until further notice, I will now move this one out of my fakes list, and put it in my real list

?

Default Re: Frank & Reif Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Hi Troy,
    As you've noticed, I've made a new thread for your badge. It's best to start a new thread for a new badge instead of tagging it onto the end of an existing thread. It make searching alot easier and more people will look at a new thread rather then return to an old one not realising something completely different has been added to the end.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....