Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50

Article about: Here is a very nice example of a hard to find award. This pretty much completes my GAB collection. A Grade III GAB in zinc by Rudolph Karenth (RK). The awards are larger than the grade I exa

MAP
    ?

Default Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50

Here is a very nice example of a hard to find award. This pretty much completes my GAB collection.

A Grade III GAB in zinc by Rudolph Karenth (RK). The awards are larger than the grade I examples.

While virtually identical to the JFS examples (both being from Gablonz and probably used the same dies, I find that these are harder to come by (but maybe just my misperception)

Almost all of the silver wash is present and the eagle still retains a nice black finish. The gold wash however is missing on the number box.

The reverse of the award also has much of the silver wash as well as nice patina on the pin.

Catch, rivets, hinge and maker mark are textbook.

This example however was subject to a "light strike". I have seen others like this. It is noticeable in the mouth of the eagle as well at the uppermost check feather (missing in this example). Whether due to gunk in the die or something else I do not know.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50
    P
    Many

Boy, I laughed you early today, You were like a little kid waiting for this one to arrive to your house. I was waiting on these pictures and your photography brings out the beauty of this rare award. Super nice!!!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Boy, I laughed you early today, You were like a little kid waiting for this one to arrive to your house. I was waiting on these pictures and your photography brings out the beauty of this rare award. Super nice!!!!!

Marty
    Yeah...like I was waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!

I have a few more photos (outdoors in natural light) coming....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow

As I stated...what a cute eagle !! Looks like he/she is ready to give a kiss

Nice badge..
    D.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Gents.

Amazing how slow the awards section of the forum is these days

I got more activity over in a helmet focused forum than here.........LoL

I'll post more photos later today as we lost power a little while ago

raz
    ?

That's a very nice award , congratulations on completing another grouping . Any chance of another shot showing all your GAB ' s together ?? Thank you for showing .
    Raz

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    That's a very nice award , congratulations on completing another grouping . Any chance of another shot showing all your GAB ' s together ?? Thank you for showing .
    Raz
    Thanks Raz. My GAB collection is quite small at 9 awards in total but I will take a photo this afternoon and post

Cracking badge to add to your collection

MAP
    ?

Here is the group photo. As said, it's small but there are some nice hard to find examples mixed in with the common types.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast