Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50 please

Article about: I have the opportunity to pick this item. Looking to verify if good. All opinions are appreciated. John

Default Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50 please

I have the opportunity to pick this item. Looking to verify if good. All opinions are appreciated.
    John

Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50 pleaseHelp with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50 please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50 please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would like to see better photos. Close up of hinge, pin, number plate, eagle head, rivets. Etc.

Like this

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe 50 JFS

There are some things that concern me (lack of zinc bubbles, pin, etc) but would want more photos

Check out this one in the meantime

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "25" Rudolf A. Karneth & Sohn, Gablonz
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you. That is all the pics I have. I have compared to others and think it is best to pass. The seller is a fellow FF and paid as an original from a large collection from MN a few years back. I think the item is reproduction. I do not like the detail in the head, feathers and maker mark as compared to others.
    John

MAP
    ?

I think that is a wise move.

I will defer to others but as said, I do not like the reverse hardware, pin as well as the lack of zinc bubbles. Also (I just noticed. The rivets are brass which is incorrect as well.

The metal also doesn't even look to be zinc. Have your friend weigh it. Is should be approx. 36.5 grams

Haven't looked at the obverse as the photos (both) are just not crisp enough for me to give an opinion on.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think that is a wise move.

I will defer to others but as said, I do not like the reverse hardware, pin as well as the lack of zinc bubbles. Also (I just noticed. The rivets are brass which is incorrect as well.

The metal also doesn't even look to be zinc. Have your friend weigh it. Is should be approx. 36.5 grams

Haven't looked at the obverse as the photos (both) are just not crisp enough for me to give an opinion on.
    I agree and the base metal together with the absence of the usual bubbling characteristics would put me off this badge completely.

And, I know it is almost a mantra, but these pics are nowhere near what you need for any badge let alone a piece as pricey as these tend to be.

The missing hook would be significant toowhen negotiating for a good badge.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you. I passed along the information which was not received very well. I would not be very happy buying some very expensive items and having them turn out to be bad. The other items in the grouping were a wining cuff tie (I thought was bad IMHO), grossdeutchland cuff tie (Good IMHO), Afrika cuff tie, (good IMHO) and early SA armband, which I have not seen before.
    John

MAP
    ?

It always stinks hearing bad new. But next time maybe he will be more careful before he buys something. Introduce him to the Forum

And tell him that EVERY collector has their draw of shame and pain...

He is mine (some pricy awards in this lot)

I am thankful that I did not add to my riker box of shame this time. The other items he had were interesting and most likely fake. I wished I was able to post each of the items for learning.
    John

Quote by MAP View Post
    It always stinks hearing bad new. But next time maybe he will be more careful before he buys something. Introduce him to the Forum

And tell him that EVERY collector has their draw of shame and pain...

He is mine (some pricy awards in this lot)

MAP...That is a pricey "FRAME Of SHAME" !! What were you thinking ?? (LOL)

Well..at least you are humble enough to "Man Up" you bought these trinkets !!

I keep my little box of horrors to remind me of how hard it was to learn before the days of internet etc and of the importance of research.

I stll have a couple of those awful soft (lead?) metal badges from the early '70s when I was only 12-13yrs old and still get angry at the ba***rds who so willing sold them to an enthusiastic kid!

I packed it in with TR stuff around 1975 and only returned to that area of collecting about 14 years ago by which time I had left Germany and missed so many opportunities.

It's a lot easier to avoid being turned over these days but it still really stings when it happens so we should all encourage research and authentication within the community.

I hope your colleague is not put off.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast