Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with Wiedmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I want to buy this Ground Assault Badge. But before I buy it I want to hear your opinions. Thanks for help.

Default Need Help with Wiedmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Hi guys,

I want to buy this Ground Assault Badge. But before I buy it I want to hear your opinions.

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-30-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with Wiedmann Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Can someone please give an opinion about this badge?

Well, its a General assault badge rather than a ground assault badge as per the post's title.

looks nice!

This is a new, previously undocumented (until today that is) Staegemeir fake. The obverse is very good, but the rear set up is incorrect. Having checked exhaustively for the same set up on this makers GAB's I couldn't find one, but the catch and similar elliptical hinge can be seen on Weidmann's KM minesweeper and Coastal Artillery badges, so it's a worryingly good effort that could fool even seasoned collectors. I have shown the images to leading collectors this afternoon and they call it bad also.

Thanks for posting this unusual and very convincing variant fake, it has now been sent to a leading database of these badges as a new fake version so far not noticed by collectors. Staegemeier is getting better all the time in throwing up believable fake badges, and we must remain vigilant. I would suggest you may wish to inform the vendor of this dangerous piece as to it's bogus heritage.

A dangerous fake indeed.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned laid it all out.

That`s the seller who sold this Wiedmann GAB and a lot of other Fakes.....

Militaria und mehr Angebote von valkyrja 77 | Hood.de

Good call Ned, old mate. Stewy