Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Article about: I wanted to attempt to authenticate this hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. Most of the ones I've seen are a solid back with a few exceptions. It has some slight yellowing to it where

Default Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

I wanted to attempt to authenticate this hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. Most of the ones I've seen are a solid back with a few exceptions. It has some slight yellowing to it where the silver has come off and wanted to get some more information on possible makers if it is authentic. Also, the price tag in the picture is not for that item it just ended up in the frame.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?   Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?
    P
    Many

I would compare to this hollow Mayer badge from a previous thread. More clear pictures would help. The flat cutout catch is of interest to me. We ll see what the consensus is. IMO a good GAB.

Brian

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen tombak

I apologize for the semi potato quality pictures I didn't have a ton of time to photograph this. I compared it against this Mayer example Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Mayer as well as the one you posted and it appears to match up by my eye, although the one I've posted is in a bit more worn condition.

Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Original hollow backed Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

I agree, the only concern I really have is the lack of crimp point/divot on the pin back where it wraps around the hinge. Perhaps the pin was replaced at some point? Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Brian

Oh I see what you mean there, I didn't even notice that difference when looking.

It's usually a hallmark or tell of a fake badge. But at the same time that catch imo would be more difficult to make and less likely a badge to be copied. But as said other opinions would maybe offer more insight.

Brian

I've seen the lack of crimp on other makers but haven't seen one on this makers example. I agree though I'll wait on another set of eyes before making a decision.

MAP
    ?

I would like some better photos if possible. Sorry, but my PC got fried with a power surge this weekend so working off a small cell phone...will need all the help I can to give an opinion

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello guys,
    this isn't a Schickle Mayer but a hollow Rudolf Karneth..
    However need better photos for to judge, there are dangerous copy around!

Best regards
    Nicola

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast