MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Article about: Hi everyone, Im interested in buying some WW2 Medals and i came across this one online, I was hoping you could please let me know if its fake, and if so why? Just so i dont get ripped. Cheer

Default Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Hi everyone,
    Im interested in buying some WW2 Medals and i came across this one online, I was hoping you could please let me know if its fake, and if so why? Just so i dont get ripped.
    Cheers, much appreciated.Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-18-2018 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't have my material so won't opine on authenticity (hopefully others will be around soon).

But it is not an SS award. It is a General Assault badge that was awarded to Heer and SS.

I will add, based on my poor memory that I do not recognize the reverse hardware set up. Casting looks a bit crude below the bayo and grenade as well with lots of burrs and excess material. You can also see clear lines around the wings of the eagle. Leading me to believe this is a cast repro.

But again. Don't have me reference materials.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is not the level of quality that I would like to see for on a Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. Also seeks to lack the level of detail. Wait for other opinions.
    John

Ok cool, thanks I was a bit sus because it has no makers marking on the back, but I’m learning so I thought I’d give it the benefit of the doubt.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AussieNewbie View Post
    Ok cool, thanks I was a bit sus because it has no makers marking on the back, but I’m learning so I thought I’d give it the benefit of the doubt.
    Just as an FYI. Not having a maker mark has nothing to do with authenticity.

But this one has all the hallmarks of being a cast fake IMHO.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Just a few of the many area's of casting flaws to help you see

Real Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen?

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I’ll get the hang of it in about 10 years lol

MAP
    ?

Quote by AussieNewbie View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the tips. I’ll get the hang of it in about 10 years lol
    Study and you will catch on quickly. It's not rocket science for 99% of fakes out there. You just have to pay attention to the details. But hey....I could be wrong on this one

Thanks MAP, think I’ll stick with your opinion mate. Cheers.

Please read this thread relating to the titles of your threads.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast