Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...

Article about: Here is another badge i am looking at, i have posted a Silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen, and to my sadness, it is a fake by S&L . This badge is also an S&L, my questions are, are all S&a

?

Default S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...

Here is another badge i am looking at, i have posted a Silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen, and to my sadness, it is a fake by S&L . This badge is also an S&L, my questions are, are all S&L badges fake? Is the GAB in this thread original? I can almost see a defect on the round pin... or at least i think i do, perhaps i am now just looking for that always since the Panzerkampf Abzeichen had the tell tale sign...i am just learning badges, and plan on buying some books asap. Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...  S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review... 
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-24-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...
    P
    Many

Default Re: S&L silver class GAB for review...

Hi Newbie,

It's a S&L 1.15.2. 'Classic Juncker set up'. The flaw on the top of the pin is not the dreaded 'scrape' it's a flat spot caused when the pin was made. I originally liked this but have had to change my post as of now because i'm no longer sure. Can you please supply better shots close up of the hinge and especially the catch plate from various angles as I have some concerns.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, these are the pics on the site..i will contact my buddy, and see if he will send me better shots of the hinge and catch areas....... thanks for the help, badges are horribly scary, i don't have many, and the few i do have are all verified as real, thank god, lol ....

I liked it at first glance, but the finish reminded me of a type i'd seen before on bogus Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's, so I had a scan around! Take a look at this.Perhaps it may be as well to let this one lie.....

FAKE ST.&L GAB.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...   S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...  

S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...   S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...  

We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Wow!!!! why do I want badges again? ...lol Thanks Ned!!!

Everybody get's one....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...  

?

Default Re: S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...

Please try and get some better pics, this will help decide if it is the post war scrape. No, not all S&L badges are fake.

I edited the title of the thread to use the German term but also to take out the 'silver' bit. These badge only came in silver, if you see one in another colour - run away.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...

IMO, there is no problem at all with the first badge, different finish and material. Typical toolmark on the pin. Here are mine to compare:
    S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...
    S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...S&L Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen for review...