Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?

Article about: Hi, all. I saw these two General Assault badges this past weekend. I'm nearly certain the first is an authentic piece by Assman as it has the correct maker and mold markings. I can't tell wh

Default Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?

Hi, all. I saw these two General Assault badges this past weekend. I'm nearly certain the first is an authentic piece by Assman as it has the correct maker and mold markings. I can't tell what the finish used to be on this badge...probably bronze? The 2nd badge I believe might be a fake/repro but I'm not sure. The eagle's head and the casting in general look a little crude. I'm also not sure about how the pin is attached on the reverse. The 2nd badge is being offered cheaply at $35 USD which makes me skeptical. The first, Assman marked badge is selling for $75 USD. What do you guys think?

Thanks for all the help and opinions!
    -Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?   Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?  

Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?  Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman? 
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-24-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Two General Assault Badges: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?

Im not keen on either of them........
    Don't forget, maker marks and mould markings can be incorporated into a fake badge just as easily as the details on the obverse.......

*EDIT* After a bit more research the Assman might stand a chance, can anyone else confirm?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?

I don't like the first one at all
    (White BG)
    Lack of detail on everything... The grenade, the bayonet, the eagle, pretty much everything

I must agree with AdrianC, im not keen on either of them........

Default Re: Two Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen: Authentic Pieces? Bronze Finish on Assman?

Good to know and thanks, guys. I was pretty sure the one was bad so it's nice to know I am starting to spot them! What about the Assman causes suspicion? I'd be great to get confirmation on it...if it is a fake it seems to be a better one.

Thanks,
    Adam

?

Adam,
    Is the hinge on the Assman molded in as part of the badge?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Unfortunately I only took these 3 pictures and cannot remember. I could ask the seller if he could take a picture of it for me, but judging from these alone I can't tell. Good if it is, right?