Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?

Article about: Hi everyone, I have this unmarked GAB that has no markings that I can see. Can anyone identify the maker? Best regards, G. Kelly

Default Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?

Hi everyone,

I have this unmarked GAB that has no markings that I can see. Can anyone identify the maker?

Best regards,

G. Kelly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?   Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?  

Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?   Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?  

Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?   Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?  

Last edited by 3986QMTC; 10-26-2013 at 07:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - can the maker be identified?
    P
    Many

Hi there, it looks very close to an unmarked Gustav Brehmer. Better pics of the reverse may help. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi there, it looks very close to an unmarked Gustav Brehmer. Better pics of the reverse may help. Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

I have added some more pictures of the reverse, along with an upper detail shot of the eagle.

Best regards,

G. Kelly

Yep an unmarked GB for me, congrats. Stewy

a nice one.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Yep an unmarked GB for me, congrats. Stewy
    Thank you!

Regards,

G. Kelly

?

Compare to mine here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The design details appear to be similar, but yours is much smoother looking and has what I would call a "real" silver finish.

Alas, the one I have is rough as a cob and the silver finish is nothing more than paint (although I suspect it has been on the badge a while). I'm not too happy with this one, but that's what I get for relying on photos.

Regards,

G. Kelly

?

I think you're right about the finish, it does appear to be paint which looks like it has been scraped off of the rear. But still, a genuine Brehmer badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I think you're right about the finish, it does appear to be paint which looks like it has been scraped off of the rear. But still, a genuine Brehmer badge.
    Hi Ade, I don't think the finish has been scraped off the reverse. Just absorbed by the zinc. Why it affects only the reverse, I don't know G. Kelly's ASA's a late war example IMO & as we know the quality of German awards suffered severely in the latter years. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast